1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to find local stores, restaurants, etc., that use ISIS Mobile Wallet?

I just went to Verizon and got my NFC sim card for my GN 2 and I downloaded the ISIS mobile Wallet app. I haven't yet signed up, but was wondering how to find local stores and such where I can use it. I keep trying to google to find Locations near me and not finding anything yet. Can someone link me to a site that shows on a map or a list of places that use ISIS? I know it's new, but still would like to try it somewhere once I set it up. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to find local stores, restaurants, etc., that use ISIS Mobile Wallet?

Well after downloading the app I saw the locations where it's available near me. Then when I went to sign up and read about using an American Express Serve Card to link to my debit, I found out there's a $2.95 Fee everytime I use ISIS at a local Store. Why the heck would I do that, when I can swipe my debit card for free!! Hell no ISIS, now I see why people prefer Google Wallet. May have to try and root my phone to get that to work if I can. Never liked American Express anyways. Don't really want to root my phone, so will have to see. Will we still be able to root the phone after the 4.3 update? I would like to check that out if no problems with it and wait on the rooting until I'm sure if there are fees or not with Google Wallet at local retailers.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Default Re: How to find local stores, restaurants, etc., that use ISIS Mobile Wallet?

So they want to charge people to make a payment, and it isn't as if the charge is a trivial amount, either. Wow, what a ripoff! No thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

I think your mistaken, the $2.95 fee is for the purchase of the card but you can get it free online. What I am seeing is you get 20% back for every tap you do.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yes, I saw this in another thread. The charge is for the purchase of the card. Sorry. If you signup online it's free.

I just signed up with the Isis Wallet app and it has you make an account with Amex Serve. I did it all from my phone and it was free. Amex also gives you $50 for signing up. As soon as my registration was done there was $50 on my available balance, now I just need to find stores that allow Isis purchases.

I'm using it just because vzw has blocked the nfc payment feature on Google wallet. The vending machines at my work use Isis and have a deal where every third tap is free up to $5.00. They are operated by Canteen.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    I'm using it just because vzw has blocked the nfc payment feature on Google wallet. The vending machines at my work use Isis and have a deal where every third tap is free up to $5.00. They are operated by Canteen.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Yet another reason to install a custom ROM. You can get Google Wallet working quite easily if you do this.