Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Default Re: check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i say this all of the time....because i don't want to be at the mercy of wifi.....i work hard at jumping through hoops for my new phones to keep on unlimited data so i can use my phone whenever and wherever i want and not be at the mercy of wifi!!!! i don't want to be eternally looking for wifi or stressing about everyone on my plan looking for wifi.
    This is true. But I don't have $700 to buy on a new phone. I just bought a house and things are more important than a cell phone. Lol
    N2myN2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlost View Post
    This is true. But I don't have $700 to buy on a new phone. I just bought a house and things are more important than a cell phone. Lol
    I haven't had to pay full price for any of my phones yet.....i'm willing to to keep my unlimited data, but so far I've been able to jump through hoops every year to upgrade and keep my unlimited!! All i'm saying is people are always going on about, don't use data, use wifi....my response as always is i don't want to.....

Global Posts
    537 Global Posts

I haven't had to pay full price for any of my phones yet.....i'm willing to to keep my unlimited data, but so far I've been able to jump through hoops every year to upgrade and keep my unlimited!! All i'm saying is people are always going on about, don't use data, use wifi....my response as always is i don't want to.....
    What kind of "jumping through hoops" do you do to get an upgrade every year???

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    What kind of "jumping through hoops" do you do to get an upgrade every year???

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    I have 5 lines on my account and i routinely switch upgrades available to the one "dumb phone" line and then swap my sim after the new phone is activated, then switch the "dumb phone" line back to the original phone. no one in my family complains as they score whatever year old phone i'm passing along. verizon has made it a bit more complicated, but doable and worth the hassle.
    Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I have 5 lines on my account and i routinely switch upgrades available to the one "dumb phone" line and then swap my sim after the new phone is activated, then switch the "dumb phone" line back to the original phone. no one in my family complains as they score whatever year old phone i'm passing along. verizon has made it a bit more complicated, but doable and worth the hassle.
    I actually did that this year with my 10 dollar tablet. I moved the tablet's sim into a spare cell phone ( this way when u try to upgrade it will give u cell phone options and not only tablets) then I transferred that upgrade to my main number and Placed my order. After the order was processed, I moved my sim back into my tablet so that it won't mess up my original plan. It worked like a charm!!! I got my note 3 For 233 (with the Verizon30 discount) and sold it for 650.
    808TBolt likes this.

Upgrade Assistant is downloading new software for the GN II for Verizon, hope its not getting my hopes up. First it upgraded UA and now its downloading new software.

All for it to say "it is up to date"

.... :/
    Thanked by:

Just stopped at Samsung in Best Buy. They dont even have 4.3 listed for Verizon anywhere in their system.

They plugged my note in and ran upgrade check came back with nothing. Was told if it was coming out usually they can bypass Verizon and upgrade early.

With 4.3 locking out wifi tether, even when rooted, I don't care to even get it. Happy with 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    With 4.3 locking out wifi tether, even when rooted, I don't care to even get it. Happy with 4.1.2
    I have 4.3 and wifi tether.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I have 4.3 and wifi tether.
    Are you on a custom Rom? Do you pay for it on VZW? This thread is about ota

Are you on a custom Rom? Do you pay for it on VZW? This thread is about ota
    Your previous post (the one I replied to) says "even when rooted", but yes, I am on the stock rooted ROM beans made from the Verizon OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Your previous post (the one I replied to) says "even when rooted", but yes, I am on the stock rooted ROM beans made from the Verizon OTA.
    I rooted specifically to use wifi tether for free. I followed Beans OTA rom till everyone reported that wifi tether logon bypass no longer worked. Even with foxfi. I suppose if that's been fixed I missed it.

I rooted specifically to use wifi tether for free. I followed Beans OTA rom till everyone reported that wifi tether logon bypass no longer worked. Even with foxfi. I suppose if that's been fixed I missed it.
    There is a tether fix somewhere in the thread.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

This is the first I come across this issue. I tether daily (I don't have internet at home BC 4g is faster) and can't lose the ability to tether for free. I guess I won't update either until the issue is fixed. I don't want to root either.

Posted via Android Central App

Deleted post

Philly area?

Any one have any update info to the GNII from Verizon in the Southeast US??

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 11/08 Nightly

Looks like the Verizon S3 is getting theirs, which hopefully means that we should be upcoming pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU30 View Post
    Any one have any update info to the GNII from Verizon in the Southeast US??

The only two confirmed Verizon Galaxy Note 2 that received the update were in Ohio and Tennessee. I don't think either of those states is considered Southeast....

Quote Originally Posted by badkitties View Post
    The only two confirmed Verizon Galaxy Note 2 that received the update were in Ohio and Tennessee. I don't think either of those states is considered Southeast....
    Southeast: Ohio (no) Tennessee (yes)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Two "confirmed" cases is not confirmation of an update in my book... its sketchy at best. Even the blogs have stayed away from that one and it has not been "confirmed" by this site or any other reputable phone blog.

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App
    1812dave and jpriest007 like this.

Well I felt Beans was a little complicated from what I'm used to, and I'm still a little concerned that wifi tether will not work.
    Made the jump to CM11 4.4.2 and there's a little adjustment.
    I don't like losing sPen features from Sense. I don't like using Hangouts for sms. Although that might be a gapps thing.

Anyways just here to report wifi tether works with CM11.

Well I felt Beans was a little complicated from what I'm used to, and I'm still a little concerned that wifi tether will not work.
    Made the jump to CM11 4.4.2 and there's a little adjustment.
    I don't like losing sPen features from Sense. I don't like using Hangouts for sms. Although that might be a gapps thing.

Anyways just here to report wifi tether works with CM11.
    Plenty of people on beans 4.3 has wifi tether working, including myself.
    It seems the only ones that didn't get it working are those that didn't do the firmware update using Odin on the pc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted-screenshot_2013-12-19-16-34-16.png  
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast