check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have great coverage and I get great customer service. And one question, why would you leave a carrier just because they didn't update your phone. That doesn't sound mature.

I think these forums are mostly populated by children and teenyboppers,there's no other logical explanation.

Michael Angotti

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
If you knew the guys in this community of XDA developers, they are not the fake it folks, they are the pioneers of roms and are working not only to get the file to the masses but to start work on the custom roms from the platform. The particular person who got it, is a very respected developer and is working with beans. These two are the rockstars behind much of what we have in the custom rom community. It is not only legit but we are days away from them releasing it for us so we do not have to wait on Big Red. Be skeptical if you want but I will have 4.3 on Verizon in days thanks to their hard work and dedication.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This day and age how do you guys find yourselves NEVER in a Wi-Fi area? I mean I live in a rural middle, GA town and I'm ALWAYS in WiFi coverage. (At home and at work) every restaurant, coffee shop, even the garage that I recently got tires had Wi-Fi. I have an allotment of 5gs of data monthly. You know how much I used last month? 1.2 GB

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App

being a truck driver. i can tell you, that 75% of this country doesn't have wifi. and if it's around. it requires a password.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This day and age how do you guys find yourselves NEVER in a Wi-Fi area? I mean I live in a rural middle, GA town and I'm ALWAYS in WiFi coverage. (At home and at work) every restaurant, coffee shop, even the garage that I recently got tires had Wi-Fi. I have an allotment of 5gs of data monthly. You know how much I used last month? 1.2 GB

I have no incentive to use Wi-Fi as I'm surrounded by fast LTE (even faster than my home Internet connection) and still have unlimited data. Besides, I don't trust public Wi-Fi, they're insecure by nature and could have a bad guy on it able to scan your data as it goes over the insecure network.

Back to the thread topic, :) as of this morning (12-9-13), Verizon still hasn't updated their Note 2 support page (once a software update goes live they update it. See the Benefits of Software Upgrade pdf): http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/system_update/galaxynote2.html

Last edited:

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I surf the net at work and go on youtube and come close to using 6 gigs a month.
You guys must not use your phone that much haha.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone for everything, more than my laptop.
The only time I go over 2gb in a month is when I'm trying new ROMs.

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, back on topic... so this guy really got the Verizon OTA and no one else has?...... and there's no mention of an update on their webpage?.... I hope it's true for our sake, but I'm a tad bit skeptical..... at least until someone else from his area confirms that they have launched.

Michael Angotti

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
If you knew the guys in this community of XDA developers, they are not the fake it folks, they are the pioneers of roms and are working not only to get the file to the masses but to start work on the custom roms from the platform. The particular person who got it, is a very respected developer and is working with beans. These two are the rockstars behind much of what we have in the custom rom community. It is not only legit but we are days away from them releasing it for us so we do not have to wait on Big Red. Be skeptical if you want but I will have 4.3 on Verizon in days thanks to their hard work and dedication.

I have my 4.3 and did not give up root for it, stock-ish 4.3 is awesome!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

i say this all of the time....because i don't want to be at the mercy of wifi.....i work hard at jumping through hoops for my new phones to keep on unlimited data so i can use my phone whenever and wherever i want and not be at the mercy of wifi!!!! i don't want to be eternally looking for wifi or stressing about everyone on my plan looking for wifi.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
i say this all of the time....because i don't want to be at the mercy of wifi.....i work hard at jumping through hoops for my new phones to keep on unlimited data so i can use my phone whenever and wherever i want and not be at the mercy of wifi!!!! i don't want to be eternally looking for wifi or stressing about everyone on my plan looking for wifi.

This is true. But I don't have $700 to buy on a new phone. I just bought a house and things are more important than a cell phone. Lol

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is true. But I don't have $700 to buy on a new phone. I just bought a house and things are more important than a cell phone. Lol

I haven't had to pay full price for any of my phones yet.....i'm willing to to keep my unlimited data, but so far I've been able to jump through hoops every year to upgrade and keep my unlimited!! All i'm saying is people are always going on about, don't use data, use wifi....my response as always is i don't want to.....

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to pay full price for any of my phones yet.....i'm willing to to keep my unlimited data, but so far I've been able to jump through hoops every year to upgrade and keep my unlimited!! All i'm saying is people are always going on about, don't use data, use wifi....my response as always is i don't want to.....

What kind of "jumping through hoops" do you do to get an upgrade every year???

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What kind of "jumping through hoops" do you do to get an upgrade every year???

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I have 5 lines on my account and i routinely switch upgrades available to the one "dumb phone" line and then swap my sim after the new phone is activated, then switch the "dumb phone" line back to the original phone. no one in my family complains as they score whatever year old phone i'm passing along. verizon has made it a bit more complicated, but doable and worth the hassle.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 lines on my account and i routinely switch upgrades available to the one "dumb phone" line and then swap my sim after the new phone is activated, then switch the "dumb phone" line back to the original phone. no one in my family complains as they score whatever year old phone i'm passing along. verizon has made it a bit more complicated, but doable and worth the hassle.

I actually did that this year with my 10 dollar tablet. I moved the tablet's sim into a spare cell phone ( this way when u try to upgrade it will give u cell phone options and not only tablets) then I transferred that upgrade to my main number and Placed my order. After the order was processed, I moved my sim back into my tablet so that it won't mess up my original plan. It worked like a charm!!! I got my note 3 For 233 (with the Verizon30 discount) and sold it for 650.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech