Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Insurance on trades?

zajanica

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me for asking this as I have seen it answered but I am getting conflicting information.

2 weeks ago, I traded my S3 for a Note 2. I am in love. When we traded we went to the store and swapped there and they told us we were good to go. I have Total Insuance Plan. Well I noticed tonight the charging port is loose and Im having trouble charging it.

Would this be covered by insurance?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sure I would go in there and see what you can do. Was this trade done on a device in store or thru an outside exchange among you and someone else?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It covers the active device at the time of the incident.

" a. The wireless device owned by you for which: 1) the unique identification number or Mobile Equipment ID (MEI D) of such wireless device is reflected in the records of the Wireless Service Provider at the time your coverage initially became effective; and 2) for which airtime outgoing usage has been logged with the Wireless Service Provider on your account after coverage became effective; unless you have logged outgoing airtime on a different wireless phone immediately prior to the time of loss, in which case such wireless device becomes the covered property so long as: i) such wireless device is owned by you and you provide us proof of ownership and ii) airtime usage was logged on such device on your account with the Wireless Service Provider immediately prior to the time of loss"

https://totalmobileprotection.verizonwireless.com/public/terms-and-conditions

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me for asking this as I have seen it answered but I am getting conflicting information.

2 weeks ago, I traded my S3 for a Note 2. I am in love. When we traded we went to the store and swapped there and they told us we were good to go. I have Total Insuance Plan. Well I noticed tonight the charging port is loose and Im having trouble charging it.

Great question zajanica!

We cover physical and liquid damage, loss and/or theft for the device active on your line at the time of peril. We welcome you to file your claim online at PhoneClaim.com - Verizon phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone. It only takes a few moments and your phone can ship as early as today! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Since it was only 2 weeks ago, I would go back to the Verizon store and ask them to replace the phone with another one. (assuming you meant a Verizon corporate-owned store)

If one VZW store doesn't do it, go to another one. The managers have discretion and they usually want to make customer happy.

Or you can either file a warranty claim with Verizon. A loose charging port sounds like a manufacturing defect, so it should be covered under warranty. However, you will receive a CLNR(certified like-new replacement) Note 2.

However, if you caused the damage yourself, then you can file a loss/damage claim with Asurion. Asurion is the best, but they do charge $99 deductible to replace your phone. When I spilled Evian on my Note 2, I called Asurion and paid the $99 over the phone. I had a brand new phone around 9AM the next day.(delivered by FedEx) Asurion provides a postage-paid padded envelope to ship the dead phone back to them.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If you kept total equipment protection that includes and extended warranty as well as insurance and and app to optimize the phone and provide antivirus. A loose usb port would most likely be covered under the warranty which has no deductable. The warranty will be in effect for as long as you keep total equipment protection. Just call *611 and I rhink you will be pleasantly surprised. Verizon will overnite you a refurb and you just put the old one in the box it came in and send it back. Assurian is mostly for the other things in life like dropping it down the stairs or in the toilet or losing it or having it stolen. Its unlikely they will make you go there for a loose usb port.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae