1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does using ODIN to flash the stock MD5 and PIT file lock the bootloader?

I am trying to fix my phone. I unlocked it, installed a Cyanogenmod nightly and it wouldn't call out. So I restored my backup, and then it still wouldn't call out or text, realized that I was "roaming".

I am using ODIN to flash the stock 4.1.2 back and am hoping that it fixes it.

Does this re-lock the bootloader (this is what I want)

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Does using ODIN to flash the stock MD5 and PIT file lock the bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom View Post
    I am trying to fix my phone. I unlocked it, installed a Cyanogenmod nightly and it wouldn't call out. So I restored my backup, and then it still wouldn't call out or text, realized that I was "roaming".

I am using ODIN to flash the stock 4.1.2 back and am hoping that it fixes it.

Does this re-lock the bootloader (this is what I want)
    I don't think so. I think relocking the bootloader is a set of specific steps, like how unlocking it was.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does using ODIN to flash the stock MD5 and PIT file lock the bootloader?

Ok. My phone might be completely bricked. I unlocked the bootloader, and then I put Cyanogen mod 10.2 nightly from today on it. I couldn't make phone calls or anything.

So i restored the backup I made. It thought I was in roaming. Couldn't make calls or anything.

So I plugged it into my computer to restore the Stock (which I had done on Sunday and it worked fine). Well when I rebooted it just flashes samsung note II over and over and over again really really fast.

Any help?

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

If you can get into your recovery, try clearing cache factory reset

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom View Post
    Ok. My phone might be completely bricked. I unlocked the bootloader, and then I put Cyanogen mod 10.2 nightly from today on it. I couldn't make phone calls or anything.

So i restored the backup I made. It thought I was in roaming. Couldn't make calls or anything.

So I plugged it into my computer to restore the Stock (which I had done on Sunday and it worked fine). Well when I rebooted it just flashes samsung note II over and over and over again really really fast.

Any help?
    If you can get into recovery or the bootloader, I would suggest reloading a Stock ROM.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If you can get into recovery or the bootloader, I would suggest reloading a Stock ROM.
    I am trying to reload a stock rom right now (again). I am in ODIN mode, I can't (at least not the normal way) get into recovery.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It starts the NAND write and then fails.

Is there any other way to boot into recovery?

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Other than whatever button combination, no.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Other than whatever button combination, no.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    I ended up getting back in, but my phone is stuck in roaming and won't send or receive calls/text. Data only works on wifi.

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Have you been able to flash a stock ROM?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Have you been able to flash a stock ROM?
    Yes, I did, still didn't work. Verizon wiped it 3 times this morning and couldn't get it working, they are overnighting me a new one, thankful for the warranty!