Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly

My battery that has always been fantastic since i got my Note 2 in Feb. All of a sudden yesterday and today is draining quickly. I have not added any new apps or changed anything that would effect it. It seems to be losing 1% every few minutes.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Default Re: Battery going Quickly

Download gsam and let it run. Use your phone for at least a full cycle. Let us know after you have used it from full charge until you have to recharge it. Well probably need screen shots but gsam should pick it up

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, I think I had that app at one time. Will d/l again and see what it comes up with. ...screen shots to come. Thank you!

Margie

No problem. Gsam is my favorite but there are many others out there. Hopefully we'll get this resolved

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, downloaded and running. I also forgot to mention that my phone doesn't seem to charge up as fast as it used to either.

Margie
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just since 7:00am battery used 33% in under 2 hours!. Started at 100% full. I do the same things on my phone I have always done every morning; check email, play words w/friends, angry birds (addicted) etc. And have never used so much battery!
    [

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386345660139.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    Just since 7:00am battery used 33% in under 2 hours!. Started at 100% full. I do the same things on my phone I have always done every morning; check email, play words w/friends, angry birds (addicted) etc. And have never used so much battery!
    [

Margie
    What's under app usage? And to get a proper view we need to do a full charge/discharge cycle.

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok, I will let it continue to drain and not put on charge. Here's a few shots of the apps. I haven't even used Chrome! I have done several app updates in the last few days, but again I have always done those.

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386346935304.jpg   Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386346950353.jpg   Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386346964456.jpg  

If you haven't used chrome and it's the tip of the list then seems like it's the culprit. I had issues with chrome a while back. I just use stock now.

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

Top**

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

Try uninstalling it and see if battery life improves. If it does you may just need to reinstall chrome or leave it off altogether

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I will uninstall chrome, but seems odd as I have had it on my phone for a very long time. I have barely even used my phone today and now 3 hours into it I am at 56% I normally am at that at the end of the day, 5-6pm!

Margie
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Uninstalled Chrome, restated my phone and Here's a new screen shot of apps......I am by no means an expert at this at all, but something is just not right here. Now Android System using 29%?

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386349347493.jpg  

Yeh that's why I say a full charge discharge cycle before we figure out gsam. Gsam has to adapt to the way you use your phone. All of that will change soon. I would just go about my day as normal and check it tonight before you plug it in

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Ok thank you so much did your quick responses and help! I really appreciate it! At the rate I'm going, I will have to charge in a few hours

Margie

And that's just fine. We may have to do a couple cycles to get it right but we'll figure it out together.

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    Thanked by:
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Just a thought I just realized.......even though I have been doing it for months......I have been charging my phone on my nightstand in the bedroom at night using a Generic Verizon Charger, not the Samsung Charger, (which I have plugged in, in the kitchen) (which I know is more powerful) that came with my phone. Could I have done whats happening by somehow badly re-conditioning the battery to this bad state???

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    Just a thought I just realized.......even though I have been doing it for months......I have been charging my phone on my nightstand in the bedroom at night using a Generic Verizon Charger, not the Samsung Charger, (which I have plugged in, in the kitchen) (which I know is more powerful) that came with my phone. Could I have done whats happening by somehow badly re-conditioning the battery to this bad state???
    I don't think that's the case. Do you still have the original charger?

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Yes I do and charging my phone on it right now as I was down to 27% and in the yellow. Thankfully I am home all day today.

Sweet deal

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

With a 9300 mah battery on my note 2

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Hmmm, I realty don't understand what all the stats mean (sorry) but here is a shot of mine from settings>battery..... 9300 mah, wow, I didn't know there was such a thing.....I thought the 3100 (I think it is) was the biggest for our phone????

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1386366624372.jpg  
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

By the way, I have always kept my screen at pretty much full brightness since I got the N2.....I'm old Haha and like it brighter.....has never been an issue with the battery.

Zerolemon made an extended battery. It's killer. Basically I've been using my phone for over 3 days with one single charge

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast