at power on, 1 long, 2 short beeps X 2?
When I power on my Note 2 recently, after finishing the startup routine and bringing up my sign-in screen, the phone emits one long, two short sounds, then repeats once.
I hesitate to call them beeps. They are more like the raspy noise that radio public service messages (like the emergency broadcast system tests) use, and it is loud enough to wake everyone in the house.
Anyone had this? Know what it is and how to stop it? I have turned my notification sound level to zero until I can solve this, but this is not a long term solution.
Re: at power on, 1 long, 2 short beeps X 2?
I tried removing the battery. No cigar! Beeps still there.
I think the "beeps" are the Amber Alert signal. When I set up my phone at time of purchase, I elected to receive AA's. I think that something having to do with it has gone pear-shaped.
How do I turn off Amber Alerts (can't find it now)
Last edited by Odyssey; 12-09-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
- By Calgem17 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
- By llamabreath in forum PoliticsReplies: 24Last Post: 12-13-2013, 04:31 PM
- By enfuego360 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM
- By CoffeeVal in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM
- By torifile in forum Moto XReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2013, 04:22 PM