Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-mobile's Note 2 getting their 4.3 update

T-Mobile Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889) getting Android 4.3 update | SamMobile

:/ hopefully this means Verizon's is very soon.

Default Re: T-mobile's Note 2 getting their 4.3 update

and I hope they put it on an indefinite hold because they actually STOP the update because their QC checks actually mean something. 4.3 is a very dodgy release.

I don't need/want any of the bells and whistles; I prefer the tried & true of 4.1.2
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    and I hope they put it on an indefinite hold because they actually STOP the update because their QC checks actually mean something. 4.3 is a very dodgy release.

I don't need/want any of the bells and whistles; I prefer the tried & true of 4.1.2
    looking forward to getting my husband a gear when his note 2 updates....so there's that for people wanting the gear....

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    looking forward to getting my husband a gear when his note 2 updates....so there's that for people wanting the gear....
    well that's all fine and dandy that he wants the Gear, BUT the thing is, updates tend to screw up a number of things that weren't originally an issue. I know this first hand. I'd be all for your hubby getting every update that comes out, IF I could simply OPT TO NOT GET ANY OR SOME UPDATES until such time as they have been in the wild for a while and I deem them suitable for my own equipment. I don't like being forced to take updates. Been down that road before and got royally screwed. there is NOTHING in 4.3 that I need. Literally NOTHING. Sure as h*ll, when 4.3 hits, there are going to be a lot of unhappy Note 2 owners that previously had a perfectly fine phone that is reduced to a headache. I don't want to be one of them.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    well that's all fine and dandy that he wants the Gear, BUT the thing is, updates tend to screw up a number of things that weren't originally an issue. I know this first hand. I'd be all for your hubby getting every update that comes out, IF I could simply OPT TO NOT GET ANY OR SOME UPDATES until such time as they have been in the wild for a while and I deem them suitable for my own equipment. I don't like being forced to take updates. Been down that road before and got royally screwed. there is NOTHING in 4.3 that I need. Literally NOTHING. Sure as h*ll, when 4.3 hits, there are going to be a lot of unhappy Note 2 owners that previously had a perfectly fine phone that is reduced to a headache. I don't want to be one of them.
    Why are you so sure that 4.3 is the update from hell for the note 2? Not bashing, just wondering if you know something that I don't know. Other than the early S3 hiccups I haven't read any negative effects of the 4.3 update especially on the note 2. I could be wrong though... please share.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by KOOLWATER View Post
    Why are you so sure that 4.3 is the update from hell for the note 2? Not bashing, just wondering if you know something that I don't know. Other than the early S3 hiccups I haven't read any negative effects of the 4.3 update especially on the note 2. I could be wrong though... please share.

Posted via Android Central App
    I agree with KOOLWATER. I was afraid to get the update myself from reading all the people's negative comments on the forum here. I even Rooted my phone, but ended up going back to stock 4.1.2. You have been in every thread about the 4.3 update 1812Dave, and I believe you may have had bad past experiences on some of your past phones,but not everyone does. I had a droid X and an S3 (which I traded in for my note 2, before the 4.3 update) but I never had any problems with those phones with updates. My buddy has an AT&T S3 that he just updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2 and he's not having any problems.

I'll take my chances with the update and hopefully if there are bugs, they'll be fixed with another update. As another member once told me on the forum, most people on the forum only post when there are problems with their device. With the small number on the forum that are having problems, compared to the too numerous to count actual owners of the devices that don't have problems, i think it's worth the risk of taking the update for most people. All I'm saying is your experience does not mean it will be the same as everyone else.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB