NEED HELP PLEASE! Random brick. Rooted on Jellybean rom.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 2 rooted and on jellybean rom. I never took any update. My phone won't boot up or get into recovery. I can get into download mode but I can't get Odin to work. I've tried different USB ports and cables (have not tried different computers yet). When I plug in cable and phone to pc or outlet it gets stuck on the battery logo and circle. When I try to get into recovery it displays Samsung name off and on. I'm trying Odin back to stock but like I said it won't see my phone when connected. I will get a new cable ASAP to see if that makes a difference. I have pulled battery sim and sd several times to no avail. I will leave them out for the night and try again tomorrow. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks ! I really appreciate it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading and installing updated Samsung drivers. Then restart your PC.

I was going to try that but I'm still downloading two stock roms (one is the very first one that came out and the other is the second version) currently. I'm then going to try to upload all necessary files and programs to cloud storage and put them on a second pc just in case. Thanks for your suggestion! Ill keep you posted!

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: nothing has worked yet. I am at a loss until my new battery and cable comes in the mail. Any suggestions would be great !

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your help. They are the same link or not? I will have to wait for my new cables and battery to rule out connectivity or if it indeed more serious. I will keep you posted. Keep the suggestions coming. Btw does Odin etc work on a Mac?? Thanks again everyone !

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. They are the same link or not? I will have to wait for my new cables and battery to rule out connectivity or if it indeed more serious. I will keep you posted. Keep the suggestions coming. Btw does Odin etc work on a Mac?? Thanks again everyone !

They are different links, but somewhat related. The 2nd link has references, although fleeting, about Casual for Mac. That's actually the method I used to root my Note 2. I have a Mac.

As for Odin working on a Mac with OS X, last I checked this was not possible/supported. If you have a Windows VM, then you can install Odin there, and assuming your hypervisor supports full USB pass through, then Odin should see you phone. That's what I've done with Galaxy S3 and times I needed to use Odin.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
They are different links, but somewhat related. The 2nd link has references, although fleeting, about Casual for Mac. That's actually the method I used to root my Note 2. I have a Mac.

As for Odin working on a Mac with OS X, last I checked this was not possible/supported. If you have a Windows VM, then you can install Odin there, and assuming your hypervisor supports full USB pass through, then Odin should see you phone. That's what I've done with Galaxy S3 and times I needed to use Odin.

Casual is only for rooting and not returning to stock correct? I do have a Mac but I don't have Windows vm. I'm lost. On a side note I can't locate samsung drivers in device manager on my pc but it says I have them on there because when I tried to download them again it prompted me that its already on there. :(

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
You're correct that Casual is for root. Ok, sounds like you have a Windows PC to work with. This thread has instructions for how to use Odin.
[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers
This is another good resource, along with the other Stickies in that forum page section
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...how-vzw-gnote2-root-rom-via-odin-w-video.html

Thanks ! Sadly I will need to wait until my new charger and battery comes because with the cables I have I can't get my phone to communicate with Odin at all on two pcs. I'm assuming it's not a driver issue as it says I have samsung drivers installed on one of the pcs for sure so I'm hoping it's because of old cables and a year old battery. I should have them all by the end of the week :(. I am reading through those threads in the mean time. Thanks again. And please don't hesitate to keep going with the suggestions. I had this happen once before but I was able to use Odin then workout issue to return to stock and reroot etc. idk how it's different this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I give up. It's truly dead. Tried new battery and charger to see if I can flash stock or recovery no luck. ill send it in for repair or sell as is on eBay. Blah this bites.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante