Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEED HELP PLEASE! Random brick. Rooted on Jellybean rom.

I have a note 2 rooted and on jellybean rom. I never took any update. My phone won't boot up or get into recovery. I can get into download mode but I can't get Odin to work. I've tried different USB ports and cables (have not tried different computers yet). When I plug in cable and phone to pc or outlet it gets stuck on the battery logo and circle. When I try to get into recovery it displays Samsung name off and on. I'm trying Odin back to stock but like I said it won't see my phone when connected. I will get a new cable ASAP to see if that makes a difference. I have pulled battery sim and sd several times to no avail. I will leave them out for the night and try again tomorrow. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks ! I really appreciate it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: NEED HELP PLEASE! Random brick. Rooted on Jellybean rom.

Try downloading and installing updated Samsung drivers. Then restart your PC.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try downloading and installing updated Samsung drivers. Then restart your PC.
    I was going to try that but I'm still downloading two stock roms (one is the very first one that came out and the other is the second version) currently. I'm then going to try to upload all necessary files and programs to cloud storage and put them on a second pc just in case. Thanks for your suggestion! Ill keep you posted!

UPDATE: nothing has worked yet. I am at a loss until my new battery and cable comes in the mail. Any suggestions would be great !

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

For the OP, this guide may help

Edit: Sorry, first link was not what I thought was in the buffer. This one may help per connectivity issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    For the OP, this guide may help

Edit: Sorry, first link was not what I thought was in the buffer. This one may help per connectivity issues
    Thanks for your help. They are the same link or not? I will have to wait for my new cables and battery to rule out connectivity or if it indeed more serious. I will keep you posted. Keep the suggestions coming. Btw does Odin etc work on a Mac?? Thanks again everyone !

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by took2089 View Post
    Thanks for your help. They are the same link or not? I will have to wait for my new cables and battery to rule out connectivity or if it indeed more serious. I will keep you posted. Keep the suggestions coming. Btw does Odin etc work on a Mac?? Thanks again everyone !

They are different links, but somewhat related. The 2nd link has references, although fleeting, about Casual for Mac. That's actually the method I used to root my Note 2. I have a Mac.

As for Odin working on a Mac with OS X, last I checked this was not possible/supported. If you have a Windows VM, then you can install Odin there, and assuming your hypervisor supports full USB pass through, then Odin should see you phone. That's what I've done with Galaxy S3 and times I needed to use Odin.

They are different links, but somewhat related. The 2nd link has references, although fleeting, about Casual for Mac. That's actually the method I used to root my Note 2. I have a Mac.

As for Odin working on a Mac with OS X, last I checked this was not possible/supported. If you have a Windows VM, then you can install Odin there, and assuming your hypervisor supports full USB pass through, then Odin should see you phone. That's what I've done with Galaxy S3 and times I needed to use Odin.
    Casual is only for rooting and not returning to stock correct? I do have a Mac but I don't have Windows vm. I'm lost. On a side note I can't locate samsung drivers in device manager on my pc but it says I have them on there because when I tried to download them again it prompted me that its already on there.

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

You're correct that Casual is for root. Ok, sounds like you have a Windows PC to work with. This thread has instructions for how to use Odin.

This is another good resource, along with the other Stickies in that forum page section
    [How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

You're correct that Casual is for root. Ok, sounds like you have a Windows PC to work with. This thread has instructions for how to use Odin.

This is another good resource, along with the other Stickies in that forum page section
    [How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video
    Thanks ! Sadly I will need to wait until my new charger and battery comes because with the cables I have I can't get my phone to communicate with Odin at all on two pcs. I'm assuming it's not a driver issue as it says I have samsung drivers installed on one of the pcs for sure so I'm hoping it's because of old cables and a year old battery. I should have them all by the end of the week . I am reading through those threads in the mean time. Thanks again. And please don't hesitate to keep going with the suggestions. I had this happen once before but I was able to use Odin then workout issue to return to stock and reroot etc. idk how it's different this time.

Sent from my iPhone using

I have my new battery. Just waiting on the cables

Sent from my iPhone using
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Default NEED HELP PLEASE! Random brick. Rooted on Jellybean rom.

Oh wow

Sent from my iPhone

I give up. It's truly dead. Tried new battery and charger to see if I can flash stock or recovery no luck. ill send it in for repair or sell as is on eBay. Blah this bites.