Question about Verizon Edge

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a card in the mail from Verizon offering early upgrade for my daughters line. It specifically is offering Edge. My question is... since she dislikes getting new devices if I sign her up for edge can I use her upgrades? I just got my note 2 this past July so no one is offering me any upgrades lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when you use Edge to upgrade, you have to send in your current device.

Also, FYI, those of us on grandfathered unlimited plans are not eligible for the Edge service.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Got the same card . I thought about giving the wife my gn2 and getting the Gn3 but not if I have to give them the RAZR maxx she currently has

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was interested in the Edge program, but after talking to a Verizon Rep at a Verizon Store, even he said it's not worth it. You'll pay way more than the upgraded phone is worth by paying on their monthly plan, better to buy outright. You have to trade in your current phone, for no $$$$, when you can sell it for money or maybe even trade it in at Best Buy or something. So In my eyes it's not worth it.
After my contract ends, I'm probably not going to upgrade for awhile, so I'll either leave Verizon(hard to do with the coverage) or just buy my phones outright and not do anymore contracts.

dragonsamq

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ansa82 what you could do is switch your phone with your daughter. So her phone is in your line and your in on her line. Trade your note 2 for the new one and then do the phone switch again. She keeps her phone and you just got a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Ansa82 what you could do is switch your phone with your daughter. So her phone is in your line and your in on her line. Trade your note 2 for the new one and then do the phone switch again. She keeps her phone and you just got a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Aha! Thanks. Would I have to switch phones for any certain amount of time prior to getting the update device?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon