Foxfi on 4.3

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have found bits and pieces about this subject in other threads but I thought it would be good to have a specific thread for it.

I have unlimited data and I use Foxfi almost every day. If it isn't working on 4.3 that would be a deal breaker and I would either just stay on 4.1 or root and put a rom on it.

Has anyone with unlimited data been able to get Foxfi or a similar app working with the update?

ivanrooni

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
From what I am reading and I have a friend that was using a different third party app (not FoxFi) after the 4.3 update he is unable to use the Hotspot without notifying / subscribing to Verizon. Sad... We are both on unlimited plans...

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
folks who have Verizon Galaxy S4 said they could use FoxFix after Verizon pushed out 4.3. However, they said FoxFi asked "certificate" to be installed..... never found out what they meant by certificate.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get the hotspot to work but I was able to Bluetooth tether. I had to download pdanet tablet to my tablet and follow the instructions.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Over at XDA forum there is a thread for the OTA leak that came out a couple weeks ago. Bean deodexed and odexed it. Somewhere in the thread there's a fix for wifi tether.
Unfortunately anyone that received the OTA from VZW, whether rooted or not, the wifi tether was locked. So until Foxfi figures out a work around update wifi tether doesn't work without root or subscription.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i can still use foxfi to usb tether to laptop and bluetooth tether to tablets.....its a step back in time and functionality but it does work until there is a work around.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
After reading all the posts, I'm still trying to figure this out. For now, I've postponed the update for another 5 days which is the maximum time.

Will FoxFi work after this new update ??? I have a stock un-rooted Verizon Note 2 with unlimited data.

Thanks, Casey

mrkev333

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
After reading all the posts, I'm still trying to figure this out. For now, I've postponed the update for another 5 days which is the maximum time.

Will FoxFi work after this new update ??? I have a stock un-rooted Verizon Note 2 with unlimited data.

Thanks, Casey

No- As of right now it will not work. I am on a stock un-rooted Verizon note 2, and WiFi tethering stopped working for me after the 4.3 update.

Hacksaw Lewis

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
yeah now that 4.3 it is awesome screwing me as well. I have unlimited data. even with the tether it cant get my xbox to work with it anymore. i hope they fix this soon.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
as did the tether app I've used on and off for many months--Portable WiFi Hotspot, which I prefer over FoxFi.
i still can't believe how you were in every thread beotching about the update and telling people not to do it...............and then you updated anyway

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not even received a 4.3 update. Still on 4.1.2 and now I will be sure Not to install the update. Although I don't use foxfi very often, I want to be sure I can when I need to! I will definitely Defer if/when I receive the update!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i still can't believe how you were in every thread beotching about the update and telling people not to do it...............and then you updated anyway

that's because you didn't read all of my posts, now did you?? I explained why I let the update install. Reading some of someone's posts will generally leave one with confusion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800