1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Messages after Update?

Is anyone else experiencing not being able to send or receive a text message after they have updated to 4.3? And how do I fix this? I can't live without being able to send text and receive them! Unfortunately no one calls anyone anymore!!!! HELP?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Text Messages after Update?

Problem Fixed, after being on phone with Verizon Tech Support for 2 hours!!!!

What was the fix? (in case it may help others)

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    What was the fix? (in case it may help others)
    I would like to know how to fix this. I cannot send texts at all, only can receive them since the 4.3 upgrade. I really don't want to call verizon, but not being able to text is very difficult. I have considered rooting, but since the upgrade, I don't even think this is an option for me. I suspect the text app did not update correctly, but being stock, what can I do?

ANY help would be appreciated!!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I am not able to receive any text messages, although I can send them! So frustrating! I took the battery out and rebooted with NO LUCK! Called Verizon waited on HOLD for 1 hour and 28 minutes only to get a final recording stating due to technical difficulties this call cannot be handled, please call again later!! Ugh!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

The only thing I can think of is that your mobile networks settings may have gotten changed ( this occurred when I flashed a new ROM some weeks ago). Go into Settings-Wireless & Networks-More-Mobile Networks-Network Mode. Make sure CDMA+LTE is checked. Other than than, I don't know whats up

I noticed that now I tried to send some pictures through text messages, the other person (whom I was texting to) said they couldn't get it.. It was weird.. Everything was just fine as glandy before on 4.1.2 but now its crap..

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I had to call Verizon! They did something on their end that made it work..but whatever they did was almost like a reset because I am still setting all my ring tones and sms tones! A royal pain in the ****!!