Rooted note 2, need replacement

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I rooted my note 2 and loaded Carbon custom rom onto it. But, a few days a ago my phone fell out of my pocket while getting into my car and now my phone won't connect to wifi. It still won't connect after multiple reboots, so it must be some hardware issue. I was going to go to Verizon to get a replacement, but I'm not sure if they will replace it since I rooted it. What should I do? Load a touchwiz rom onto it? Do you guys think they will notice that it is rooted? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well couple of things you can do. I have rooted phones before and just restored them to stock and unrooted and it was never an issue. With the new counters that can show if you have rooted or not would be my only worry. If your tripped that and they checked it, that could lead to an issue.

Samsung KNOX Counter you should know | Kingo Android Root

Edit: Also are you claiming insurance or trying to get Verizon to give you a replacement through warranty? With insurance it isn't going to matter but with warranty it will.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
They may not but your best best would be to flash stock and take it in. And also check the KNOX status to make sure it hasn't been tripped. It's hard to say.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You could Odin back to stock. There is also an app that cost a couple dollars that would reset counter. That is assuming you haven't taken the ota which I'm guessing you didn't

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci