Rooted note 2, need replacement
So, I rooted my note 2 and loaded Carbon custom rom onto it. But, a few days a ago my phone fell out of my pocket while getting into my car and now my phone won't connect to wifi. It still won't connect after multiple reboots, so it must be some hardware issue. I was going to go to Verizon to get a replacement, but I'm not sure if they will replace it since I rooted it. What should I do? Load a touchwiz rom onto it? Do you guys think they will notice that it is rooted? Thanks.
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-23-2013, 08:35 PM #2
- 300 Posts
Re: Rooted note 2, need replacement
Well couple of things you can do. I have rooted phones before and just restored them to stock and unrooted and it was never an issue. With the new counters that can show if you have rooted or not would be my only worry. If your tripped that and they checked it, that could lead to an issue.
Samsung KNOX Counter you should know | Kingo Android Root
Edit: Also are you claiming insurance or trying to get Verizon to give you a replacement through warranty? With insurance it isn't going to matter but with warranty it will.
- 12-23-2013, 09:27 PM #5
- 12-25-2013, 07:57 PM #6
- By munnin42 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2014, 03:34 PM
- By Jnorton2724 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 12-26-2013, 06:31 PM
- By thatotherdude24 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 12-26-2013, 04:51 PM
- By Chelovek in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
- By 1812dave in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM