Randomly shuts off\locks up after update

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Got the update to 4.3 a couple days ago. Now my phone is locking up and shutting off randomly. Any ideas how to fix?

Deb from my Note 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
We've had a lot of similar posts. You could try wiping the cache in recovery:

1. Boot into recovery. I don't own a Note 2, so I'm not sure the specific way to do it, but it generally involves holding down certain buttons on boot-up. Often, a Google search for "boot [phone model] to recovery" will get your answer for you.

2. Clear the cache partition. This is like a "temp" directory on your Android system, and is also where the updates are downloaded to for staging. If you have a corrupt update download mucking things up, this will remove it. Wiping the cache will NOT remove any user apps or data, and is generally a pretty harmless procedure.

3. Reboot the phone normally.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Only way I could get it to do anything was to turn it off then do the boot and I wound up with a small black box on the lower left screen but couldn't make it or the phone find recovery mode.

Deb from my Note 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I made myself a problem. Somehow I got into a screen that is downloading a custom ROM and it's taking forever. It tells me not to turn off the target so my phone seems to be stuck little green android robot and the word downloading on the screen.

Deb's Note 10.1

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Recovery mode: Hold the volume button UP while pressing the power on button and the home button. It will stay booting up and you will see it in recovery mode.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I finally got into recovery mode but the cache line doesn't say "wipe cache" I have a cache line that says "wipe cache partition" is that what I want? Also have a cache line that says "apply update from cache" but that doesn't sound at all like what I want, so just verifying.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I finally got into recovery mode but the cache line doesn't say "wipe cache" I have a cache line that says "wipe cache partition" is that what I want? Also have a cache line that says "apply update from cache" but that doesn't sound at all like what I want, so just verifying.
Yeahp, that's what you want!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok did as instructed an the problem still exists. :(

Got sick of the problems - in the process of doing a factory reset. Sigh ... hopefully that will cure the problem.

Deb from my Note 2

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci