- 590 Posts
Can't get back to Swipe for Lockscreen, need some help
I was trying to see if Foxfi worked on my Note 2, while setting it up it asked for a password or other options and didn't realize it was for the phone's Lockscreen. Now I have a password I have to use every time I want to unlock the Lockscreen. I can only change it back to pin or pattern lock. The swipe is greyed out in settings now. Does anyone know how to get it back to swipe? I hope i don't have to do a factory reset.Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
- 590 Posts
Re: Can't get back to Swipe for Lockscreen, need some help
Never Mind, found it online, Someone else had the same problem. Here is the fix they quoted and it worked for me.
"In my case, I installed my own certificate which even on removing was some where present don't know where so ultimately I cleared up every thing and again tried to remove pin and it got removed.
Proper way would be settings-->security-->clear credential Clear credentials is last option under security heading.
And now u can change your pin setting-->security-->screen lock-->swipe/none whatever you feel comfortable with."
Thanks to this guy for solving my problem.Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
- By LionheartedNJ in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 06-06-2014, 03:17 PM
- By Alicia Martinez3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 15Last Post: 02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
- By paisley99 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
- By saidiadude in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2013, 05:44 PM
- By malcolm k in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-26-2013, 05:21 PM