Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get back to Swipe for Lockscreen, need some help

I was trying to see if Foxfi worked on my Note 2, while setting it up it asked for a password or other options and didn't realize it was for the phone's Lockscreen. Now I have a password I have to use every time I want to unlock the Lockscreen. I can only change it back to pin or pattern lock. The swipe is greyed out in settings now. Does anyone know how to get it back to swipe? I hope i don't have to do a factory reset.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't get back to Swipe for Lockscreen, need some help

Never Mind, found it online, Someone else had the same problem. Here is the fix they quoted and it worked for me.

"In my case, I installed my own certificate which even on removing was some where present don't know where so ultimately I cleared up every thing and again tried to remove pin and it got removed.

Proper way would be settings-->security-->clear credential Clear credentials is last option under security heading.

And now u can change your pin setting-->security-->screen lock-->swipe/none whatever you feel comfortable with."

Thanks to this guy for solving my problem.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB