Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 Samsung Keyboard - adding words

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Before the update, I could type in a new word by chicken pecking it and it would get added to the dictionary so that I can swipe to type it the next time. I can't seem to add it by this method after I updated to 4.3.

Is there another way?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kbjames

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just found this on another thread. Am trying it, will see what happens

"Found the solution by chance.
So I went into the settings once more, and I saw that auto replacement was switched off. So I switched this on and tried words that it didn't remember previously. And now it suddenly remembers the words! The more you use the words the better it seems to be able to predict them.
Happy camper!"

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I find that if I am typing a word that isn't recognized I can hit the arrow to skip auto-correct. Then backspace to the word that wasn't recognized and when it appears at the top of the keyboard if you tap it it is then added to the list of words. I was able to save ****ty and Canistear perfectly with this method which is nice because it wouldn't in 4.1.2.

Brandon

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
At the top of the keyboard, above the numbers. If you type a misspelled or unknown word, an arrow will appear in the left window of the three 'suggestions' for what you typed.

Sent from my Note 2 via AC Forums App

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not on my Samsung keyboard !
There is a dropdown arrow on the RIGHT with alternative word suggestions, and I use this all the time, but word uptake into my personal data library is really slow.
My predictive text keyboard worked perfectly since new, and I had a huge custom word database, but I lost it all about a week ago when I did some manual updates.
I've since deleted all my data and am starting again from scratch !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax