1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to use Google Voice Search instead of S Voice for my bluetooth device?

For starters, I was already able to do this on my note 2. I'm trying to help my friend to get it on his S3. I used my Blueant Speakerphone for the first time with my note 2 since updating to 4.3. I couldn't get it to work at first trying Driving Mode, but then remembered to enable Mobile Data, then on my phone it brought up the window asking if I wanted to use Google or S Voice once or always for the Voice Commands. I just hit Google and always, now it always works with Google on my bluetooth speakerphone, which is much better than S Voice. S Voice seems worse than before the update. Is there a way to clear cache or data on either S Voice or some way to get that window to pop up so my friend can hit either Google or S Voice and once or always for his Voice Commands?
    He hates using S Voice.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Is there a way to use Google Voice Search instead of S Voice for my bluetooth device?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    For starters, I was already able to do this on my note 2. I'm trying to help my friend to get it on his S3. I used my Blueant Speakerphone for the first time with my note 2 since updating to 4.3. I couldn't get it to work at first trying Driving Mode, but then remembered to enable Mobile Data, then on my phone it brought up the window asking if I wanted to use Google or S Voice once or always for the Voice Commands. I just hit Google and always, now it always works with Google on my bluetooth speakerphone, which is much better than S Voice. S Voice seems worse than before the update. Is there a way to clear cache or data on either S Voice or some way to get that window to pop up so my friend can hit either Google or S Voice and once or always for his Voice Commands?
    He hates using S Voice.
    Try this: Settings>Apps or Application Manager>Menu>Reset App preferences. This will clear all of them, so others will have to be reset.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is there a way to use Google Voice Search instead of S Voice for my bluetooth device?

Nevermind I got it to work on his S3. Just turn off S Voice in Settings>Application Manager>All>S Voice>Turn Off. Hope that helps. If it doesn't work, let me know I can share a link to show how to do it.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

I want to be able to start up apps on my Galaxy Note II using my Jabra Freeway Bluetooth device. I am not particular whether I use Google Now or S Voice. Long pressing the phone icon on the Jabra connects me to Google Now where I can tell Google what to do. I want to start up a given app (like iHeartRadio). I can do that with S-Voice but Google Now just performs a search
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I primarily use the bluetooth to call people in the car. I have my car stereo for music or CD Player. The reason I hate S Voice, is because it is very inaccurate when I ask it to call certain contacts. I find Google more accurate for that. I agree, you can do more with S Voice, but in my case I don't need the extra stuff it can do.