Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a year

It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a year.
    (the pen was never pulled out again after the first couple of weeks after I bought it back in February)

What does this mean? Does it mean that I'm better off with the S4 or possibly the upcoming S5
    which is due in early March? (perfect timing because 3 of my lines are up for renewal in early
    April)

Are there other Note 2 owners who also never use the pen?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a

Quote Originally Posted by badkitties View Post
    It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a year.
    (the pen was never pulled out again after the first couple of weeks after I bought it back in February)

What does this mean? Does it mean that I'm better off with the S4 or possibly the upcoming S5
    which is due in early March? (perfect timing because 3 of my lines are up for renewal in early
    April)

I don't have the Note 2 personally, but I've gotten to experience it a few times, and from what I saw the phone is definitely not about the S Pen.
    I mean, of course the S-Pen is the 'killer-feature', and makes the handset unique, but you can also enjoy the handset without the S-Pen, simply due to its huge screen, which many people prefer.
    But if the big screen isn't important for you, and you think you're getting wasted with this phone, you can definitely be better off getting another phone, such as the S5, although I'm not sure why you only mentioned Samsung phones, since it's always good to keep an open mind. I personally tend to switch companies each time I buy a flagship. (Once every couple of years, Samsung->LG->?).
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a

The larger screen is another factor to consider with the Note 2. If you prefer the larger screen over other devices then it might be worth to have it, regardless of using the S-Pen or not. The S4 has large screen as well, so might not be too noticeable of a different if you go that route or the next iteration.

I almost never do, but if you know of another 5.5+ inch display phone with high end specs, a MicroSD slot, and a user replaceable battery, I would love to hear about it.
    808TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I almost never do, but if you know of another 5.5+ inch display phone with high end specs, a MicroSD slot, and a user replaceable battery, I would love to hear about it.
    LG G Pro

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    LG G Pro
    Interesting. I wasn't aware the the LG Pro had a replaceable battery.

Still, while it is a bit of an upgrade over the GN2, it doen't seem like it is enough better to be worth upgrading. And it has worse specs then the GN3 and no Multiview.

as others have said, its about the screen size for me. i love the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    as others have said, its about the screen size for me. i love the big screen
    Me too...never use the s pen, but screen size, sd slot and removeable battery. Not to mention it's a great phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jay Sacks; 01-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.

This speaker is better and the screen size is better
    Samsung Note 2

I use my s-pen every day. With the Swype keyboard, and navigating my phone. It's one of my favorite features of this phone.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

I rarely use the s pen but it's nice to know it's there when I need it. The note 2 is still a awesome phone period. I had the 3 but sold it for a profit since the differences weren't that big. The S4 is a good choice too, but I would definitely wait for the S5.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

I never used the s-pen either but I switched out my Note because I didn't really need that much phone size wise. I'm now rocking a GNex and a RAZR HD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

the majority of the time i use the S-Pen is when my fingers can't press something like a button or whatever when i'm surfing the internet or selecting something on the screen.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1

I sometimes use the pen to take notes, and I use it in Draw Something (drawing game). But as others have said, even without the pen, it's a great phone with a fantastic screen. Whenever I pick up friend's iPhones or my wife's SIII, the screens seems sooo tiny!
    msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DWooderson View Post
    I sometimes use the pen to take notes, and I use it in Draw Something (drawing game). But as others have said, even without the pen, it's a great phone with a fantastic screen. Whenever I pick up friend's iPhones or my wife's SIII, the screens seems sooo tiny!
    After I'd switched to the nexus for a few hours then back to the note I had the opposite reaction. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I rarely use the pen. I like my note 2 for other reasons like the micro SD, large screen, and multi window. I think the note line of phones are the best large screen phones. If I switched it would have to be to something else with great battery life such as a Droid Maxx or something like that.

Noted via tapatalk

Initially, I didn't use the S-Pen very much. But once I discovered all its little tricks and how much more precise it can be compared to a finger, there is now rarely a time that I don't use it! Not to mention, it really helps keep the screen clean from finger prints! I enjoyed it so much on the Note 2, I ended up going out and getting the Note 10.1! For me, it's an integral part of what makes the Note series so great.
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

April)

Yeah I really don't use my s pen but would never give up my Note 2 unless I was getting a note 3! I love the size!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    Yeah I really don't use my s pen but would never give up my Note 2 unless I was getting a note 3! I love the size!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    I got a Note 3 and returned it. It's just not worth it because they are too similar. I sure hope the S5 or Note 4 will be more awesome.
    Synycalwon likes this.

I got a Note 3 and returned it. It's just not worth it because they are too similar. I sure hope the S5 or Note 4 will be more awesome.
    I agree with you the note 3 isn't really a big deal if you have already a note 2. I set up a note 3 for my dad and I was amazed at how I didn't covet it as there just wasn't much new ( that I found useful for myself) . The one thing that I did like however was the camera. It was much more successful at taking a sharp picture which I presume has to do with shutter speed
    Samsung Note 2
    Synycalwon likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I agree with you the note 3 isn't really a big deal if you have already a note 2. I set up a note 3 for my dad and I was amazed at how I didn't covet it as there just wasn't much new ( that I found useful for myself) . The one thing that I did like however was the camera. It was much more successful at taking a sharp picture which I presume has to do with shutter speed
    I'm just afraid that Apple will come out with a new iPhone 6
    with screen size 5-inch or bigger sometime this year.

That may lure me back to iOS camp.

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    My thoughts as well regarding the Note 3! For starters, I was hoping for a bigger screen size; closer to 6". Looking forward to the Note 4 though, which should be a much more compelling upgrade!

Highly doubt Apple will go any bigger than 5" (if they even hit that! probably 4.7" at most). Regardless, for me they could produce a 6" smartphone, but IOS and their walled garden would absolutely kill any interest for me!. My girl has an iPhone 4s and iPad 2 (both with IOS 7) and I can't for the life of me use them without utter and complete frustration with the restrictions and limited functionality they have compared to my Note 2 and Note 10.1. But to each their own.
    GregMargie likes this.

4.7 is teetering on the limit for a screen size on a phone for me and I honestly would be intrigued by a 4.7 iPhone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't like iOS. we have 4 Touch's between my wife and I. we USED to use them, but once I got into Android, they quickly got put aside. If Apple came out with the perfect size screen I still wouldn't get an iPhone.
    Samsung Note 2

I use the Spen every day! Being a woman with long finger nails, it works perfectly for all functions on my N2. It is more accurate and faster when typing verses using my finger. The N2 is the best phone I have ever owned!

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Gbsa 
    Synycalwon and msndrstood like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast