1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - two very odd things

Wanted to see if any of you have run in to this. Since the update, the stock alarm clock widget acts weird. I can't add alarms. Even if I change the one that is there from say 7:15 to 7:30 the widget still says 7:15. and the icon no longer lights up green. The alarms seem to be working properly, but the widget doesn't show up correctly unless I pull my battery everytime I want to change it.
    The other thing is that my phone seem to be stopping charging partway through the night. I have a dock on my bedside, and several times I have gotten up to my battery below 60 percent even tho it was on charge all night. Last night for example GSAM says it charged from 11pm until 3am, then at 90 percent just dropped to 59 percent by the time my alarm went off at 6:15 am. It has happened several times now so I know it isn't a one off situation. Thanks in advance for you help and ideas.

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - two very odd things

Quote Originally Posted by Bittrblue View Post
    Wanted to see if any of you have run in to this. Since the update, the stock alarm clock widget acts weird. I can't add alarms. Even if I change the one that is there from say 7:15 to 7:30 the widget still says 7:15. and the icon no longer lights up green. The alarms seem to be working properly, but the widget doesn't show up correctly unless I pull my battery everytime I want to change it.
    The other thing is that my phone seem to be stopping charging partway through the night. I have a dock on my bedside, and several times I have gotten up to my battery below 60 percent even tho it was on charge all night. Last night for example GSAM says it charged from 11pm until 3am, then at 90 percent just dropped to 59 percent by the time my alarm went off at 6:15 am. It has happened several times now so I know it isn't a one off situation. Thanks in advance for you help and ideas.
    Silly question, but have you tried to take the battery out, put it back in and restart the phone regarding the battery issue? That is really weird. I wish there was a way to download the update again to be able to install it on top of the recent 4.3 update you just did. As far as the alarms, see if you can find the alarms widget in the application manager, clear the cache and data, and then try it again. See if any of these suggestions work. Maybe someone else can have some other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittrblue View Post
    Mine is funky too

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

Have either of you done a factory reset since you upgraded?

Factory reset is a good idea, but before going that far, try a system cache partition wipe. You won't lose any personal data or settings:

Posted via Android Central App