1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smart Stay after 4.3 Update

This used to work for me before the update from 4.1.2 to 4.3, now my display shuts down while i am reading e-mails, looking at sites, etc. Is there a cure other than the standard "do a factory reset"? If not I'll live without it, it was handy but not worth the trouble of setting up the phone again. I tried some of the cures I found with a search for this issue and none have worked. I've turned it off and then back on, changed the screen mode from Standard to Starter and then back again and it still doesn't seem to work. The Icon appears on the notification bar but it never lights up periodically like it used to. I never get the "can't detect your eyes" pop-up that I have seen on my Note 8, so I don't think it is really functioning. Is there a simple fix or should I just turn it off and forget about it? Maybe I need to turn it off and increase my time-off setting and move on, I don't have battery issues usually.

Default Re: Smart Stay after 4.3 Update

Quote Originally Posted by chuckr01 View Post
    This used to work for me before the update from 4.1.2 to 4.3, now my display shuts down while i am reading e-mails, looking at sites, etc. Is there a cure other than the standard "do a factory reset"? If not I'll live without it, it was handy but not worth the trouble of setting up the phone again. I tried some of the cures I found with a search for this issue and none have worked. I've turned it off and then back on, changed the screen mode from Standard to Starter and then back again and it still doesn't seem to work. The Icon appears on the notification bar but it never lights up periodically like it used to. I never get the "can't detect your eyes" pop-up that I have seen on my Note 8, so I don't think it is really functioning. Is there a simple fix or should I just turn it off and forget about it? Maybe I need to turn it off and increase my time-off setting and move on, I don't have battery issues usually.
    You could try turning it off and then try installing the "Smart Stay +" app in the play store just to see if that works or not. Then if it does work, try to uninstall it and turn the original back on and clear the cache and data for it in the application manager, or use the Smart Stay + app in the play store until you can get the original one on the phone to work. It says in the play store that the Smart Stay + adds more than the native one. Hope that works.

Default Re: Smart Stay after 4.3 Update

Quote Originally Posted by chuckr01 View Post
    Smart Stay no longer works for me either. The eye doesnt do anything. I contacted Samsung about it and after all kinds of troubleshooting including safe mode and a factory reset which did not fix the issue, they wanted me to send the phone in. I cant go without my phone for 2 weeks so I'm sol.
    I dont know what happened but 4.3 did kill it in a lot of peoples phones.
    If anyone finds a fix for this it would be nice. I dont want to have to use a 3rd party app. I actually did try smart stay + app and that to does not work.