Verizon Note 2 working STRAIGHT TALK AT&T SIM WORKING MMS?

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
EDIT; tested MMS and MMS picture msging DOES work.

i bought the att micro sim from straight talk for my verizon note 2. my note 2 is unlocked and rooted...i found a very easy one click method that did everything for me, just cant remeber where, it was somewhere that was talking about the first guy that made it ever for the note 2 and he just made a real easy one.. but anyway
my apn settings are
name STRAIGHT_TALK
APN tfdata
mmsc http://mms-tf.net
mms proxy mms3.tracfone.com
mms port 80
mcc 310
mnc 410
apn protocol IPv4
Enable/Disable APN APN enabled

make sure your Mobile Data is checked, in your Mobile networks menu. the same menu you would click your APN.
what i did was put all these settings in. i could call and text, NO MMS. i have come to face the fact, sorry but i wont have MMS..small price to pay to save 60 dollars a month.
i also had NO DATA.
to change this, i went to Mobile networks menu (menu where your would click to change your APN settings) and i clicked NETWORK MODE.
i changed it from GLOBAL....TO GSM/UMTS it gave me some prompt about not being able to search while data was active do you want to still serach i said yes,, or just let it do its thing.
then it put up two names, which were the network operators, (it searches for availble networks to use)
ATT was one of them.. i clicked ATT, it then said registering with ATT........ registering........ REGISTERED!
exit out and instantly had data voice and text.. still no mms though (well to be honest i havent checked mms but i gave up on mss anyway)

hope this helps anyone with the same problem i had... btw straight talk employees will all tell you a verizon note 2 WILL NOT work with straighttalk.... idiots...

i get H+ data most everywhere i go, H someplaces, 3G spotty only once in a blue moon. but H+ is standard for my area here with att... from what i understand. H+ is faster than 4G but slower than 4G LTE... its stil blazing fast

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
re: Verizon Note 2 working STRAIGHT TALK AT&T SIM WORKING MMS?

from what i understand. H+ is faster than 4G but slower than 4G LTE... its stil blazing fast
H+ is what the carriers market as 4G, so basically the same thing. Some phones display it as H+ and other show the actual 4G logo. LTE is "real" 4G, hence why it's a lot faster

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
What would just regular H be then. If H+ is the 4g..and it shows 3g when that is on.. is H in betwen 3g and 4g? I am only going off what I have read so I couod be wrong

If you are correct. Thank you for the clarification though

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What would just regular H be then. If H+ is the 4g..and it shows 3g when that is on.. is H in betwen 3g and 4g? I am only going off what I have read so I couod be wrong

I get H+ on the current ROM but when it was stock, it showed as 4G. H+ is 4G, H is 3G. It depends on the phone and carrier though

Posted via Android Central App

Samuel Hutchins

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

Does this mean that all you need to do is register a micro sim with straight talk and buy a service plan for 45$ no flashing needed ?

donald blass

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I cant figure out how to change my settings I have a Verizon note 2 using att sim card from straight talk can anyone help me out with this

Posted via Android Central App

Landroid3

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

I tried EVERY MMS APN out there, also tried Handscent MMS and nothing worked!!!! Found this video on YouTube and input the settings EXACTLY as he indicated and also SAVED my settings and restarted my phone and VIOLA!!! I can send text msgs to multiple recipients and pictures too! If you are struggling and have tried virtually everything like me, give this one a try and REJOICE!!!

Find him here at : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ66OEnRjjU

If this helps you please post it in any related forums with similar issues with Straight Talk & MMS

God Bless,
Landroid3

mrevere2011

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

I LOVE YOU GUY WHO POSTED THE VIDEO ! I now have fast data and MMS! :) Been working on it for a week!!! :<3

this_girl

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I have entered in the APN's that everyone has posted and my MMS still are not working. I enter the ones on this thread and another on this forum and still nothing. Any ideas on how to get them working?

Also my verizon note 2 continues to say sim unknown at the top after i put in my straight talk SIM. Does anybody know how to make this go away as well?

Last edited:

gunnshot

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I have entered in the APN's that everyone has posted and my MMS still are not working. I enter the ones on this thread and another on this forum and still nothing. Any ideas on how to get them working?

Also my verizon note 2 continues to say sim unknown at the top after i put in my straight talk SIM. Does anybody know how to make this go away as well?

Yes ma'am. When it comes up unknown sim. Long press it, it'll take you to setup wizard. Just force close it (nothing bad will happen, I promise.) Good Luck!

Leslie Leuty

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

The problem isnt in the APN your phone is missong the SMS service center number it is a phone number that links our messages to our accounts and stores them for to use against you incase yous does something you shouldn't of lol

Try this number if you are straight talk SMS service center number +13123149810 go to message settings and look for SMS settings then service center number +13123149810

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the response, but keep in mind this thread is over 6 years old, so it's unlikely anyone in the thread is still checking it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae