No, I don't want Visual Voice Mail. How to stop pop up?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Every time I check my voice mail I get a pop up asking me if I want to get Visual Voice Mail for $2.99/month. I don't. But it keeps popping up every time I check my VM.
Anybody know how to disable it?
Thanks,
Rob

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on Verizon, but I would imagine it's probably part of the carrier's bloatware. I wonder if you call Verizon's tech support line and tell them you want that feature disabled (including the annoying pop-up) if that would help?

Other then that (if you're rooted) I'm sure there's a way to disable and/or remove the VVM app. You'd have to talk to someone with more experience with Verizon though.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Every time I check my voice mail I get a pop up asking me if I want to get Visual Voice Mail for $2.99/month. I don't. But it keeps popping up every time I check my VM.
Anybody know how to disable it?
Thanks,
Rob

It only happens if you use the voicemail app. I spoke to Verizon and they said it can't be disabled.. If you go to the phone and long-press the 1 it goes straight to voicemail without the annoying solicitation and if you click on a voicemail in the notifications pull-down it will go straight there too. I deleted the app from my homescreen, don't need any more advertisements.

weberoo

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
When you go to check your email just press and hold the "1" key and it will take you directly into voicemail...Verizon doesn't know how to stop the visual voice mail popups...Jerks!

Carl C2

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
OK FOLKS THIS IS HOW YOU DEFEAT VERIZON'S NASTY LITTLE MARKETNG PLOY:
1) Remove the icon from your homescreen (press & hold the icon, drag it to the "remove")
2) Open your Contacts list & find "Voicemail". Open that contact like you were editing it.
3) Press the little "4 dots" to get to Settings, select "move to homescreen".
4) This new icon will open like any other Contact you add to your homescreen. Press it, the press the *86.
5) No more Visual subscription pop-up.

dasseattle

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an LG G3, with the same issue. Hopefully the below works on all phones.

After trying all sorts of hacks and spending quite some time on the phone with Verizon tech support, I found this simple answer in a Verizon forum, and it worked for me:

My Verizon website > Change Features > (Remove) Visual Voice Mail Basic -> rest of process on web page to finish up changing features.

I restarted my phone, and now all the voice mail icons/links go to regular voice mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon