1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Default Note 2: Having some seriously bizarre issues with data!

It's been a frustrating couple of days.

My Note 2 is acting crazy right now. This started on Thursday and has progressively gotten worse. I'll try to describe it as best as I can. So my phone pretty much always has a solid 4g connection but now whenever any app tries to use 4g data it works for about a minute then it stops working. It's still connected to 4g but the arrows aren't moving and nothing will load. This happens in any app. So it stays like this for about 15 minutes then downgrades to 3g, in which it works perfectly fine until it will randomly do the same thing; shows 3g connection but arrows aren't moving. The 3g will somehow fix itself and after about 5 minutes will start working but the 4g never does that.

Now this is where it gets even more weird. When I am connected to wifi I have the same exact issue.

I should include that I dropped my phone early last week and it cracked the glass in the top left hand corner. Not sure if this dislodged a radio or something but maybe it is relevant. I was on the phone last night with VZW and I booted into safe mode and had the same issues. So I reset the phone to factory without restoring any apps or settings and it is still doing it. I am about a month out of my 1 year warranty and also out of my contract (I have unlimited data). I'm not sure if VZW replaces phones if your out of contract.

The weirdest thing is I can tether for hours just fine but as soon as I open my phone and let's say I use chrome it kills the data. All these issues happen even when I'm not tethering so that is not the issue. Any help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Default Re: Having some seriously bizarre issues with data!

Verizon would replace the phone out if you opted for extended warranty. Though if cracked then you would have to go through asurion insurance, if you opted for it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Default Re: Having some seriously bizarre issues with data!

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Verizon would replace the phone out if you opted for extended warranty. Though if cracked then you would have to go through asurion insurance, if you opted for it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah it's my mistake, I should have bought the best buy protection plan when I originally bought the phone. Verizon replaced my sim card to their newer ones and it helped a bit. I still think internally the phone must have been altered in some way after the drop. I think I'll sell the phone as is and try to score something newer.