Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Your device doesn't have enough storage space to synch." - Low memory error msg

My stock un-rooted Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone went down to a pathetic 271 MB of available internal storage space. As a result, the phone couldn't do even simple things as synching my Gmail email account. There are probably other things the phone can't do as well due to running low on internal storage space.

This is the first time I've seen this message. Even a new icon showed up in the top left corner of the screen. It's the white color circular icon in between 2 other icons. That's the icon warning me of low available space. See attached screenshot picture.

Am I the first to encounter this problem? Am I the all-time low memory leader? Do I get a prize????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Your device doesn't have enough storage space to synch." - Low memory error msg-screenshot-low-memory-samsung-note-2.png  
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Default Re: "Your device doesn't have enough storage space to synch." - Low memory error msg

Your the first I've seen not able to figure out that stuff takes up space on a phone. Maybe you need to clear what you don't use and not need off your phone or maybe install an SD card to store music, photos, podcast, documents, and other downloads. That way your internal memory will stay clear unless you download a lot of apps. Next time if you want more storage you might want to shoot for a phone with greater internal memory. If you had a phone other than the Galaxy Note II you might be stuck if it doesn't have a micro sd card expansion slot.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: "Your device doesn't have enough storage space to synch." - Low memory error msg

Thank you. You must be correct that I can't figure it out........
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Global Posts
    19,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Thank you. You must be correct that I can't figure it out........
    You should be able to click on each category. That may bring up a list that details what each category consists of.
    Another thing to try is clearing cache in recovery.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating here acquaint themselves with the forum rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Clear your cache, move whatever you can to your SD card, and look at your miscellaneous files (there's probably stuff in there you didn't know you had). If there's items you want to keep, and aren't necessary for the operation of your device, you may want to consider moving them to a Google Drive or Dropbox.