1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy Note 2: Floating keyboard option

After the 4.3 update I found that there was a floating keyboard option with the Samsung default keyboard. I told a co-worker about this and he also had it after the update. That was a couple of weeks ago. Today I tried to show another co-worker(not a Note 2 owner) how it worked and it is now gone. The other Note 2 co-worker still had it today. Where did it go? I have tried force stop, clear data and clear cashe on the keyboard app and cleared system cashe and still no option. I know the factory reset is going to be the standard answer, but if it was functioning after the update I'm not willing to do a rebuild just to see if that fixes it. It's not worth the effort to get it back, I'm more curious about how it disppeared.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Floating keyboard option

Theres a floating keyboard when you have two windows open. Or are you talking about the one handed operation mode?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jahciple View Post
    Theres a floating keyboard when you have two windows open. Or are you talking about the one handed operation mode?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Neither one works. The other one handed options work but not the keyboard. The floating option did work after the update but it disappeared. I can't find anything in settings and force stop, clear data and clear cache in the keyboard app didn't help. I haven't tried a full reset, it's not worth that much trouble, i was hoping there might be a simple fix.

Yes, I had enabled the floating keyboard this morning and used it a couple times. Restarted my phone and now I don't have it and can't find it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Ky B-Q View Post
    Yes, I had enabled the floating keyboard this morning and used it a couple times. Restarted my phone and now I don't have it and can't find it.
    Mine recently started working again, I have no idea what happened to bring it back. I just restarted the phone and it's still available. I didn't make any changes after noticing it missing, I just long pressed the input option button to pull up the microphone on day and noticed that the multiple keyboard options symbol was once again available. Quite a mystery.