4.3 Screen Timeout Not working

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? It seems like every day or so, my screen timeout stock Note 2 stops working. Very frustrating, as it's a major battery drain before I notice it's happening. Once I reboot, it seems to be fine.

I'm wondering if there are any workarounds if this is indeed a bug.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? It seems like every day or so, my screen timeout stock Note 2 stops working. Very frustrating, as it's a major battery drain before I notice it's happening. Once I reboot, it seems to be fine.

I'm wondering if there are any workarounds if this is indeed a bug.

Do you have Smart Stay turned on? My Note 8 did something like that before the last update and when I turned off Smart Stay it seemed to fix it. Smart Stay doesn't work on my Note 2 since 4.3, I turned it off and set the timeout a little longer.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is related but my screen timeout keeps resetting itself to 2 seconds. I then have to go back in and put it back to 10 minutes. This has been happening randomly (it seems) since the last update. I'm going to check my Kaiten mail. I think it's happening when I get e-mail but it might be a coincidence. Anybody else running into this? Any fixes?

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't e-mail, it was my Google Calendar notifications. Right after a notification, the screen time out setting reverts to 2 seconds. I wonder if that's an OS problem or an app problem?

Never mind. It's Light Flow's notifications that's causing the problems. Sorry to bother you guys.

Last edited:

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Possompete - do you mean it was lightflow that was preventing your screentimeout from working? Did you just restart the app or is there a permanent fix?

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had set up LightFlow to turn the screen on when a notification arrives. Unfortunately, that made LightFlow reset the screen timeout to 2 seconds. I ended up unchecking the "Switch Screen On" block for each of my "Notifications". Works fine now and the screen was coming on anyway because I use "Widget Locker" for that. No harm, no foul.

I did inform the LightFlow devs and they were looking into it and did provide the above solution. I don't think the root problem has been fixed yet though. I hope this answers your questions.

BH T

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with Note 3 and just restarted it. Now it works fine. Seems like a restart helps to rid it of bugs.

jkthaha

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I think I have an idea.
Whosoever is having this problem there is a bug in a programme that is stopping the system from sleeping.
So connect your mobile to WiFi and update all the apps via play store the updated apps will more or less not contain bugs.
It sure worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12