- 1 Posts
Note 2 USB port burnt out
Last night I was awaken to the faint smell of electrical fumes. Low and behold it's my cell phone. The phone was so hot it was unable to be handled. I unplugged it from the usb charger and the wall. Let cool down. The USB port was burnt and so was the charger. Even the back plastic was melted. Called verizon for help. No luck. Took to verizon store and was told I had to file a claim with the insurance company. That cost me $100 bucks. Contacted samsung today with all the photos and a nice email. Still no word from them. Felt I should share so people can be aware. If I had not woken up to catch it that could of been a fatal fire. Not the way I want to go out.
- 02-07-2014, 11:51 AM #2
- 02-09-2014, 08:25 PM #3
- 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM #4
Re: Note 2 USB port burnt out
I'm curious, did you plug the AC charger directly into a household wall outlet? Or did you plug the charger first into a surge protector? I always use a surge protector since you never know when there might be a spike in electricity from out of nowhere. Just offering a possible explanation. I've never had that happen to me in all the years I've owned many electronics, but there's always a first time.
- By FatCat0 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2014, 05:14 AM
- By salukibrandon in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:00 PM
- By Aidan Anderson in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2014, 06:30 PM
- By BJsDroid in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2014, 04:54 PM
- By josh paul2 in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM