Verizon Note 2: Anyway yet to get a hot spot since update?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Have any developers found a workaround to bring our free hot spot back?

I so regret upgrading :(

Last edited by a moderator:

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
have had no problems using the stock mobile hotspot verizon app. before and after the update. but the price is included in my plan. since i got the phone almost a year ago. my monthly payment did not change. just recategorized.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
As dpham00 stated, It is not free is you still have unlimited (old Family Share plan) that is why I have continued to defer the 4.3 update. Even though I have been hearing that Foxfi has worked around it now, I have been afraid to let the update go through.....just not sure what other changes it has in it.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As dpham00 stated, It is not free is you still have unlimited (old Family Share plan) that is why I have continued to defer the 4.3 update. Even though I have been hearing that Foxfi has worked around it now, I have been afraid to let the update go through.....just not sure what other changes it has in it.
Foxfi works after the update to 4.3 with the lock screen requirement(there is a work-around for that too, but I already had that requirement for my corporate account) and the certificate download (whatever that means, I just did it). I personally don't see a difference with 4.3 other than the e-mail changes. I think we may be in for an unpleasant surprise if 4.4 ever comes to our devices, but I think we are good for now with 4.3, from what I have read so far.