1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is it worth going to 4.3?

I am still on 4.1.2, and haven't seen any reason to upgrade....can anyone let me know why I should do it? Let me know what you like about the upgrade....I appreciate it...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: is it worth going to 4.3?

Any update is always a plus. Not saying there is going to be a ton of user side visual additions but the under the hood tweaks and security patches, fixes with any update is always worth it!

Not to mention... Eventually one day your going to get sick of denying and ignoring that Update popup notification.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

If you think there is even the slightest chance that you may want to install a custom ROM, unlock your bootloader now or you won't be able to after taking the update.

Quote Originally Posted by sardar615 View Post
    I am still on 4.1.2, and haven't seen any reason to upgrade....can anyone let me know why I should do it? Let me know what you like about the upgrade....I appreciate it...
    You know how I feel from the "Am I alone on 4.1.2" thread.

With that said, the only reason I could see to update would be if you need Galaxy Gear support. Otherwise, I'd root and freeze the OTA updater, call it a day and just enjoy using it as is. You're not missing anything from the update otherwise. Just a few security updates and bug fixes, nothing major.

For more of what's in the update, see Verizon's Note 2 software update page here (see the Benefits of Software Upgrade pdf):