1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extracting apps from phone that are no longer available on Google Play

I have an app - Weather bug Elite that I paid for but is no longer available on Google Play. I would like to side load it on my Note 10.1-2014 but any apps that do app backups do not include this apk. ESFilemanager has identified it for backup but I am unable to send via bluetooth/WifiDirect/email/Dropbox...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Extracting apps from phone that are no longer available on Google Play

I had several apps (my son's games) that gave me the same issue. I used ESFileManager to backup to the SD card, then I copied the backed up APK files to my network over WiFi (still using ESFileManager). Finally, I copied the APKs to my new device, again using ESFileManager. I suppose that you could also just put them onto the SD card and then insert the card into the new device. You'd have to enable third-party apps before you triy to install the apps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Extracting apps from phone that are no longer available on Google Play

The ESFilemanager backup fails only on this particular app, all others get backed up to the SD folder.

I noticed it was missing here too, couldn't find through a search or anything. Finally got that url from my apps history at the store. Pisses me off they ditch an app we paid for and don't say a word. I wonder if the still available free version is the old paid version?

Sorry about the gravedig btw. Hope that url helps.