Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    reb0957's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Verizon Note 2: Stock email app broken

    I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
    Thanks!

    It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
    TIA!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,311 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Stock email app broken

    Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
    Thanks!

    It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
    TIA!
    You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    reb0957's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock email app broken

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.
    Tried that! my next step is a factory reset. completely cleared all data erased the email account and started from scratch!
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,311 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Stock email app broken

    Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    Tried that! my next step is a factory reset. completely cleared all data erased the email account and started from scratch!
    Try another email client!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    reb0957's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock email app broken

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Try another email client!
    Went back to Samsung booth in Best Buy. Told the guy to look into stock email app problems and called Samsung and they had no known issues. We went through every setting and everything was supposed to work. Evidently I have some stupid software glitch. I downloaded the paid version of aquamail and everything works fine even in push.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 04:32 PM
  2. Autofill in Yahoo Mail App not working
    By SHIVA77 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:14 PM
  3. YouTube App not hiding notification bar
    By Lomonocrat in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
  4. website blocker app?
    By skinnywonderfulman in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
  5. can i disable these apps on my phone?
    By lgbalfa in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions