Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Verizon Note 2: Stock email app broken

I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
    Thanks!

It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
    TIA!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Stock email app broken

Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
    Thanks!

It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
    TIA!
    You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.
    Tried that! my next step is a factory reset. completely cleared all data erased the email account and started from scratch!

Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    Tried that! my next step is a factory reset. completely cleared all data erased the email account and started from scratch!
    Try another email client!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Try another email client!
    Went back to Samsung booth in Best Buy. Told the guy to look into stock email app problems and called Samsung and they had no known issues. We went through every setting and everything was supposed to work. Evidently I have some stupid software glitch. I downloaded the paid version of aquamail and everything works fine even in push.