Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GregMargie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email App that won't Limit/Delete Inbox Messages

Hi Everyone, I really need help finding a good Email Client App that won't limit my incoming emails to a month/100??? I have searched endlessly.....as I have been dealing with this for a year on my Note 2.

I use a pop 3 account (cox.net) and I don't ever remember this being a problem with prior phones. It drives me crazy that it deletes older emails.....I need to be able to keep emails I want on my phone! My secondary Gmail account doesn't do this...... any suggestions about apps you use and like would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Email App that won't Limit/Delete Inbox Messages

Have you looked at Maildroid? I don't get more than 100 for any given account in a month, however combined I'm sure I'm hitting or exceeding that mark. I've never had any issues with emails being deleted, however it pushes them, somewhere, not really sure where, but there is a button at the bottom to load older emails and they are always there. Maildroid handles all of the popular email clients and you can set it up for exchange and other POPs. It is free and does have adds, but you can also by a version that does away with the adds and offers an in app spam filter that they claim is better than or as good as those offered by the big three. Just FYI. I mentioned this app once and the OP scoffed at it because of the ads. Meanwhile, the reason I don't do the paid version is I'm cheap and the ads don't bother me.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, I appreciate your response VidJunky, I just looked it up and I will look at it more closely.....I don't think anyone is a fan of ads in apps, but I certainly understand it when some one gives you a "Free" app they took time to create, and I will pay within reason for an app that works great! I did see the Pro version and wow, 17.99!

Try K9
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Note II Verizon
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly View Post
    Try K9
    Thank you.....I think I did try k-9 a long time ago and I can't remember what it was I didn't like about it, because I stopped using it. I will take another look. I am just so surprised that there aren't more email app choices out there.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

K9 is a lot better now than a year or 2 ago. I've been using it more this year than before
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    K9 is a lot better now than a year or 2 ago. I've been using it more this year than before
    Ok, thank you for that info/experience. I will give it another try.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Thank you to you and rdonnely for recommending k9. You were right! It is alot different/better than a few years ago! I think this will work a lot better for me than the stock app. It is pretty much like the gmail app. Thanks again!
    Margie - Galaxy Note 4
    tube517 likes this.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    Thank you to you and rdonnely for recommending k9. You were right! It is alot different/better than a few years ago! I think this will work a lot better for me than the stock app. It is pretty much like the gmail app. Thanks again!
    No problem. Glad to help!
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM