4.3 ruined note 2

redbaronk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, last November, I was forced into updating to 4.3 since the stupid update reminder constantly came up and annoyed me enough to give in... Since then, my phone that used to work totally fine turned into crap. My games like minecraft lag and stutter now, listening to music randomly skips for a second, battery life sux, etc.

I was looking for a thread or something on here thinking this was a common problem.... Apparently I can't find it? Am I the only one with these problems? I've reading that there was a ton of problems with the 4.3 update on the other Samsung phones, but so far info on the note 2 has been quiet... Can someone either point me to a thread that pertains to this issue, or clarify for me if this is a wide spread problem Samsung is working to fix, or if I'm screwed?

Btw I already did a hard reset... Didnt fix any of my issues. I really regret updating to 4.3....

redbaronk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I heard that the Knox counter built into 4.3 will void warranty... That true?

Am I the only one having all these problems with my Verizon note 2? Didn't anyone else update to 4.3? To me it feels like the memory use in the system isn't as smooth as it used to be... The lag seems to he caused by programs needing increased memory, and there's a delay in Android freeing it up to be used. While playing games, I often get lag when a new event occurs and needs to load sounds, scenes, etc. Happens with all graphics and CPU intensive games.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a smart***, so please don't take this the wrong way. If you're not liking the problems you now have since updating to 4.3, I'm assuming you have contacted Verizon to see what they say or contacted Samsung, but if there is no other option to get your phone working back to normal, why do you care if the Knox Counter Voids your Warranty? Like I said, if Verizon can't help you or Samsung either, you really don't have any other options. What good is a Warranty if nobody fixes the phone for you or replaces it? Just my two cents. Of course the first choices of contacting those two to see about a replacement phone or fix, would be the best option.

EWT

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, last November, I was forced into updating to 4.3 since the stupid update reminder constantly came up and annoyed me enough to give in... Since then, my phone that used to work totally fine turned into crap. My games like minecraft lag and stutter now, listening to music randomly skips for a second, battery life sux, etc.

I was looking for a thread or something on here thinking this was a common problem.... Apparently I can't find it? Am I the only one with these problems? I've reading that there was a ton of problems with the 4.3 update on the other Samsung phones, but so far info on the note 2 has been quiet... Can someone either point me to a thread that pertains to this issue, or clarify for me if this is a wide spread problem Samsung is working to fix, or if I'm screwed?

Btw I already did a hard reset... Didnt fix any of my issues. I really regret updating to 4.3....

I'm not a fan. I accidentally installed it by tapping the screen to do something else right as the upgrade message appeared on the screen. My phone is consistently laggier (sometimes much more so) than it was with 4.1.x. The only improvement I've found is that wi-fi can be turned on and off from the pulldown menu now. I've rooted my phone and disabled the VZW updater to prevent any more unwanted updates.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
..disabled the VZW updater..
I'm in 4.3, and would also like to disable the updater to prevent 4.4 from being installed. Can you direct me to the method you used? I see a lot of posts about the old method, but I don't see those APKs.

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had all of these same problems and an totally frustrated with the device currently. I am hoping that 4.4 will solve some of the lameness of the ill advised 4.3 update.

Posted via Android Central App

EWT

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in 4.3, and would also like to disable the updater to prevent 4.4 from being installed. Can you direct me to the method you used? I see a lot of posts about the old method, but I don't see those APKs.

It has been a few months, but I'm pretty sure I used saferoot to root the phone then followed: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/346508-how-do-i-permanently-prevent-note-2-ota-updating-4-3-a.html I couldn't get ES File Explorer to rename the files no matter what I did with the file permissions, so I used Titanium backup to freeze the SDM.apk to keep it from functioning FWupdate.apk is also supposed to be frozen/renamed, but I don't have it on my phone. I'm not sure if I deleted it, or just didn't have it.

Last edited:

Khr0niK

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I heard that the Knox counter built into 4.3 will void warranty... That true?

Am I the only one having all these problems with my Verizon note 2? Didn't anyone else update to 4.3? To me it feels like the memory use in the system isn't as smooth as it used to be... The lag seems to he caused by programs needing increased memory, and there's a delay in Android freeing it up to be used. While playing games, I often get lag when a new event occurs and needs to load sounds, scenes, etc. Happens with all graphics and CPU intensive games.
yes that is true. It was like that for my sprint note 2 and I just downgraded to 4.1.1 because that operating system supported the most root apps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Khr0niK

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

What company? If its sprint I can help you out and even downgrade it to when the Note 2 had its oldest os
(4.4.2 to 4.1.1).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang