Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default How to redirect Camera Photos to go to a different subfolder on SD Card?

Hi, it's been awhile since I did this and can't figure out how to do it now. Right now I have my Camera Photos going directly to the SD card into the DCIM/Camera folder. The exact Path in the My Files app is /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera. Now I know I had to set this before, so I wouldn't have to have all my pics on the Device to save storage space. I don't remember how I did it.

I tried going into My Files app, Selecting All Files, Selecting SD memory card, Then DCIM, Then Camera, Then I want to set to a subfolder I put on the sd card called 2014 pics. I have tried once I got that far, hitting the Menu button, then Settings, go to Set Image Directory, then progress through the options until I get to the desired subfolder /storage/ExtSdCard/DCIM/Camera/select 2014 Pics subfolder and at the top hit Set Here. That makes the path go directly to the subfolder I wanted. Only thing is when I took a picture, it still went to the ExtSdcard/DCIM/ Camera folder and not the subfolder I set up on the sd Card. So not sure what I'm doing wrong. I want to do this because I have over 1100 photos on the one folder that the camera always sends it to and I want to start sending the camera pics automatically to the subfolder. This helps when loading pics from my phone to my PC using the Usb cord.

When I looked online everything shows how to Move pictures AFTER I take them from folder to folder, which I already do. I'm trying to get the camera to send to the different folder I choose Automatically, just to cut down on how many photos are in the folder. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.