Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ext battery charger

i recently picked up a 10,400 MAH external battery charger for $40. it works great. came in handy when i was in hospital recently. my question though is this. is that too much for my note 2 battery to handle? a friend of mine told me he had an external a few years ago that was frying his battery. is this something i need to worry about? its only a backup to use in a pinch. most of the time i still use my oem charger. this is what i bought

Amazon.com: Jackery Giant High-capacity Premium Aluminum Portable Charger 10400mAh External Battery Backup Power Bank. Dual-Port with Ultra-fast Charging Speed. For Apple iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad, Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note, Nexus, LG,

says its ok for the note

Default Re: ext battery charger

When your charging your device it is not force fed the power it takes what it needs. As long as the voltage is correct your battery is fine additional amperage will only let it charge faster. Your friend's battery was getting fried some other way or his charger was outputting the wrong voltage.
    Thanked by: