Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i605 use in South Korea (Battery Troubles)

Hello. I'm not well versed on what I'm about to ask, so hopefully I can get my question across without sounding stupid. Anyway, I am from the U.S., and am currently stationed in South Korea. I am using my i605 Note 2 that is running Carbon 1.8 on the KT olleh network. I am aware that the radio hardware in the phone does not run (or is not capable of running) the same band (?) that Korea uses, so I am unable to get LTE. I get 3G, however it drains my battery like no other. I'd be lucky to get 5 hours of moderate use a day. It is no where near what I was getting in the states. So with that being said, my questions is, is it possible for me to flash a new modem that will allow for better battery life? I know it will not grant access to LTE, but if there was any way it would improve my battery even slightly, I would be all for it. If there is any other information I left out that would assist in answering this question please let me know. It has become quite a bother to have a phone for a portion of my day. It's even worse when I'm in Seoul and have to find my destinations before my battery expires.

Thank you for your assistance.

Default Re: i605 use in South Korea (Battery Troubles)

Quote Originally Posted by jordanw15 View Post
    Hello. I'm not well versed on what I'm about to ask, so hopefully I can get my question across without sounding stupid. Anyway, I am from the U.S., and am currently stationed in South Korea. I am using my i605 Note 2 that is running Carbon 1.8 on the KT olleh network. I am aware that the radio hardware in the phone does not run (or is not capable of running) the same band (?) that Korea uses, so I am unable to get LTE. I get 3G, however it drains my battery like no other. I'd be lucky to get 5 hours of moderate use a day. It is no where near what I was getting in the states. So with that being said, my questions is, is it possible for me to flash a new modem that will allow for better battery life? I know it will not grant access to LTE, but if there was any way it would improve my battery even slightly, I would be all for it. If there is any other information I left out that would assist in answering this question please let me know. It has become quite a bother to have a phone for a portion of my day. It's even worse when I'm in Seoul and have to find my destinations before my battery expires.

Thank you for your assistance.
    My advice, invest in a zero lemon 9300 mah battery

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk