rooting after the newest ota update?

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. My dad has a Verizon note 2 and I want to introduce him to custom Roms, mostly so I can get him the air command and all that good stuff. However, I assume he accepted the newest ota because he's prone to do things of that nature. I'm having issues finding easily understandable information regarding rooting after the newest ota. what is the newest firmware version, and can it be rooted?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, as far as I know there a number of communities that provides custom ROM but if I have to go forward with then I'll select the ROM from the XDA community I think you can have the Cynogenmod ROM available for you. Why don't you try looking at the cyanogenmod community site for ... :)

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. My dad has a Verizon note 2 and I want to introduce him to custom Roms, mostly so I can get him the air command and all that good stuff. However, I assume he accepted the newest ota because he's prone to do things of that nature. I'm having issues finding easily understandable information regarding rooting after the newest ota. what is the newest firmware version, and can it be rooted?

The newest is 4.3 MJ9. The bootloader is now locked so you'll need to look up saferoot and safestrap for the note 2. It's really simple. I'm currently running n3bula and it is awesome. Glitch free and offers everything you are looking for. Cm is not available for 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, as far as I know there a number of communities that provides custom ROM but if I have to go forward with then I'll select the ROM from the XDA community I think you can have the Cynogenmod ROM available for you. Why don't you try looking at the cyanogenmod community site for ... :)

No cm is not available for 4.3

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
is the root method the same as before the newest update, and is there a version of DN3 that is safestrap compatible.

and also i cant even seem to find a functional safestrap recovery for 4.3 MJ9 verizon note 2 can someone hook me up with some link action, pretty please?

Last edited:

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
1. Saferoot is an all in one. Just google saferoot.
2. Ss is not fully functional. The rom slots do not work you must flash over the stock rom. Just make a nandroid and youll be fine

There are full threads on xda for both of these. Hit me up on hangouts if you need a hand or the downloads. Ill send them from my dropbox

jsmith830649@gmail.com

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The newest is 4.3 MJ9. The bootloader is now locked so you'll need to look up saferoot and safestrap for the note 2. It's really simple. I'm currently running n3bula and it is awesome. Glitch free and offers everything you are looking for. Cm is not available for 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You just install it in the stock rom slot and it works, with the locked bootloader? the one i saw is an alpha with no working rom slots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith