Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tooandrew
  • 1 Post By newbroot83
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default rooting after the newest ota update?

    Hello everyone. My dad has a Verizon note 2 and I want to introduce him to custom Roms, mostly so I can get him the air command and all that good stuff. However, I assume he accepted the newest ota because he's prone to do things of that nature. I'm having issues finding easily understandable information regarding rooting after the newest ota. what is the newest firmware version, and can it be rooted?
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    Well, as far as I know there a number of communities that provides custom ROM but if I have to go forward with then I'll select the ROM from the XDA community I think you can have the Cynogenmod ROM available for you. Why don't you try looking at the cyanogenmod community site for ...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    Quote Originally Posted by tooandrew View Post
    Hello everyone. My dad has a Verizon note 2 and I want to introduce him to custom Roms, mostly so I can get him the air command and all that good stuff. However, I assume he accepted the newest ota because he's prone to do things of that nature. I'm having issues finding easily understandable information regarding rooting after the newest ota. what is the newest firmware version, and can it be rooted?
    The newest is 4.3 MJ9. The bootloader is now locked so you'll need to look up saferoot and safestrap for the note 2. It's really simple. I'm currently running n3bula and it is awesome. Glitch free and offers everything you are looking for. Cm is not available for 4.3.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, as far as I know there a number of communities that provides custom ROM but if I have to go forward with then I'll select the ROM from the XDA community I think you can have the Cynogenmod ROM available for you. Why don't you try looking at the cyanogenmod community site for ...
    No cm is not available for 4.3

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    is the root method the same as before the newest update, and is there a version of DN3 that is safestrap compatible.

    and also i cant even seem to find a functional safestrap recovery for 4.3 MJ9 verizon note 2 can someone hook me up with some link action, pretty please?
    Last edited by tooandrew; 05-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Thanked by:
    thebat1 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    1. Saferoot is an all in one. Just google saferoot.
    2. Ss is not fully functional. The rom slots do not work you must flash over the stock rom. Just make a nandroid and youll be fine

    There are full threads on xda for both of these. Hit me up on hangouts if you need a hand or the downloads. Ill send them from my dropbox

    jsmith830649@gmail.com

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    thebat1 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: rooting after the newest ota update?

    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    The newest is 4.3 MJ9. The bootloader is now locked so you'll need to look up saferoot and safestrap for the note 2. It's really simple. I'm currently running n3bula and it is awesome. Glitch free and offers everything you are looking for. Cm is not available for 4.3.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    You just install it in the stock rom slot and it works, with the locked bootloader? the one i saw is an alpha with no working rom slots

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a way to get my alarm time on the lock screen?
    By woahohkelsey in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 12:13 AM
  2. strange phone problem..need some advice on what could be the issue
    By chitchat911 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 03:11 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM
  4. rooting after the newest ota update?
    By tooandrew in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 02:35 AM
  5. att software just updated
    By here4kids in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 02:23 AM

Posting Permissions