Note 2 screen won't turn off

dillpikkil

May 28, 2014
Visit site
My note 2 screen will time out and stay black for about a second before turning right back on. Pressing the power button results in the same way. Tried downloading a wake lock app to see if an app was keeping the screen on but found nothing. Next i saved all my messages and contacts and did a factory reset to no avail. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I think normal delay is quite normal, it happens with me too when I press the button it takes almost a sec delay to get the display light back. I would consider it as delay but if you still think that this is quite a ..... why don't you go to the nearest customer support for fixing it up !! because if there's any problem with it then it might be in the hardware why I am saying this because you have already tried factory resetting your device !!

tangie85705

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue I took my Note 2, to a cell phone repair store and was told the proximity sensor was out and needed to be replace. Was quoted approx $40

Update:
Just got my phone Fixed and it was not the proximity sensor. It was corrosion on the sensor inside the phone where the power button connects. The guy cleaned it and the phone instantly started to respond correctly. My issue started with me trying to have a Zag Invisible shield installed at Best Buy. The first install was great until the next day when I tried to use my phone and my screen didn't respond to touch nor stylus. So i went back to Best Buy argued with the CAR who reinstalled the Invisi shield. 24 hours later screen worked but won't turn off and stay off.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar