New owner of Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Question about display

JewDaddy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 off of Craigslist today. The phone is sweet and it's quite the difference coming from the IPhone 5 size. I'm not sure if this is an issue or just part of the display technology, but it seems like anytime I scroll either up or down on the screen, everything gets blurry. I don't know if that's normal operation for this phone, especially given its size but its actually kind of distracting. I'm trying to find out if that's typical with this phone or possibly an issue.

Also, maybe I'm crazy but the texture of the screen and the way it looks and smudges with fingerprints, it seems as if there's a clear protective screen cover but I can't find anywhere on the phone to peel it off. When I rub my finger across the entire front display, it seems to be all the same texture, including when I run my finger over the front facing camera. Again, this might be normal but it's my first time with this phone and with an actual android.

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you're reading or viewing images and scroll quickly of course you'll notice distortion, but if you're seeing it while scrolling slowly while reading or while viewing images, I think that's an issue.

I no longer use a screen protector, but when I did you could clearly see the cutout around the earpiece and front facing camera. If you don't see that I would assume there is no screen protector on it.

JewDaddy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
If you're reading or viewing images and scroll quickly of course you'll notice distortion, but if you're seeing it while scrolling slowly while reading or while viewing images, I think that's an issue.

I no longer use a screen protector, but when I did you could clearly see the cutout around the earpiece and front facing camera. If you don't see that I would assume there is no screen protector on it.

It's not there when the screen is still. It looks nice and sharp. But when I scroll whether slow or fast, it just gets a blurry distorted look. Is there possibly a display setting of some sort that I need to look at under settings that could cause this?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It's not there when the screen is still. It looks nice and sharp. But when I scroll whether slow or fast, it just gets a blurry distorted look. Is there possibly a display setting of some sort that I need to look at under settings that could cause this?

Try going into development options and turn uncheck any of the gpu boxes, also turn off power saving mode.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

best way to help you is for your to take a video of the symptom you're seeing... upload it somewhere(YouTube, perhaps? A video is worth a thousand words. :)

although I'm pretty sure you're Note 2 is just fine.

as for the possible presence of a screen protector... if you can't see it, it's probably not there. One way to find out is to cut a piece of tape and tape it to a corner of the screen. Pull up sharply... if there's a screen protector, it will surely come up. :)

If you hate fingerprints on the screen, I highly recommend a tempered glass screen protector. I've been using this one for 4 months and there's virtually no fingerprints!

Amazon.com: Seidio SPTSSGT2-CL VITREO Tempered Glass Screen Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Crystal Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Yes, it's a little pricey, but it's the best tempered glass screen protector I've tested. I'm very anal when it comes to protectors and I must have tried 7 or 8 different ones. :) The Seidio one is BY FAR the best at repelling fingerprints.