Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Slowness

I have a Note 2 that I have had for a while, with a Samsung SD card. I last did a factory reset in October. I recently have been using it more as I had to send in my tablet to RMA. It's just laggy when moving around from app to app or to wake up. I am running Nova Launcher if that makes a difference I have turned all the animations to fast or off. It has memory available, and about 4gb free on the phone itself of storage space.

Any ideas other than a factory reset to speed it up again?

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Note 2 Slowness

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidretro View Post
    I have a Note 2 that I have had for a while, with a Samsung SD card. I last did a factory reset in October. I recently have been using it more as I had to send in my tablet to RMA. It's just laggy when moving around from app to app or to wake up. I am running Nova Launcher if that makes a difference I have turned all the animations to fast or off. It has memory available, and about 4gb free on the phone itself of storage space.

I would try clearing the cache in recovery. See if that helps. SHould be the same instructions as the S3: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would try clearing the cache in recovery. See if that helps. SHould be the same instructions as the S3: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Thanks, just did it and rebooting. I will update to see how it goes.

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Thanks, just did it and rebooting. I will update to see how it goes.
    It should help some. I'd be interested to know.

I had my Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone since day 1. I noticed for the past few months, it had been getting laggy about a lot of things. Maybe because I have so much cr@p installed, and I was low on internal memory at around 2 to 3 GBs. In any case, I don't care anymore because I just bought the new Note 3 phone this past weekend. I will tell you that my Note 3 is much more responsive than my Note 2. But time will tell if my Note 3 might also slow down after I install a boatload of cr@p onto it, haha!