Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I clear them RAM it will close 52 apps, before it was 40. I don't know what else is running that wasn't before. I also noticed that it takes longer to charge the phone, approximately an hour longer.

I'm the kind of guy who stops a microwave at one second to feel like a bomb defuser.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Make I just live in the sticks, but how do you know if a merchant uses tap to pay?

Posted via Android Central App

On their card reader you will a symbol of a hand with a symbol like the wifi bars on there side.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Make I just live in the sticks, but how do you know if a merchant uses tap to pay?

zusyryma.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I also got the shield notification, did a little research & found out that is part of Samsung's software. It supposedly checks for malware. You can find it by going into Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates. You can check it to learn a little more (but not much) & uncheck it to turn it back off.

If anyone has any real info on this, please let us know more about it.

Well, the shield is back on the notification bar again this morning, so just declining the Security Policy Update doesn't work. I'd update it, but want to make sure it doesn't stop me from doing anything in the future regarding my phone. Would really like to know what this update really does.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, the shield is back on the notification bar again this morning, so just declining the Security Policy Update doesn't work. I'd update it, but want to make sure it doesn't stop me from doing anything in the future regarding my phone. Would really like to know what this update really does.

As far as I can tell, their term of 'policy' update is what we're used to calling an 'anti-virus' update as it's updating malware definitions. It shouldn't have anything to do with rooting, unlocking, etc. If you do find out otherwise, please let us know.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
did they throw the mock locations, usb debugging, and developer options back in?. cuz i'm not seeing it in 4.3.

and what about the gps chip problem? everytime my phone is rebooted. it takes awhile before it starts working. and i don't mean locking in either. i mean the gps light don't even light up.

and google nav always has the volume reset to zero. when rebooting.

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
did they throw the mock locations, usb debugging, and developer options back in?. cuz i'm not seeing it in 4.3.

and what about the gps chip problem? everytime my phone is rebooted. it takes awhile before it starts working. and i don't mean locking in either. i mean the gps light don't even light up.

and google nav always has the volume reset to zero. when rebooting.

I'm confused... 4.3 is not Kit Kat... that's Jelly Bean... If these were not on in your 4.3 phone... they will not be on when an update to 4.4 (Kit Kat). And upgrading to 4.4 does not turn this off... at least if the update is done OTA from Verizon.

At any rate these options exist in both versions once you've done the "7 tap" to turn them on.

Maybe, I'm just confused cause I'm not understanding your point about those developer options?

~ScottGeek.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset today and my phone is much snappier with kit Kat now. Battery still isn't as good as 4.1, but that's okay I guess

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is true you cannot use a file management app to move files around on your phone. But you can still do so from your PC. Or by using the samsung "My Files" App. I was able to move a downloaded video from the app folder to my movie folder through the my files app. Not as nice but it gets the job done. I have read in a few places that ES File Explorer works but I have it and it doesn't work. I guess you need Root.

I myself have just done a factory reset as I only got 10 hours of battery and I didn't do anything different than usual. And usually I get 17 to 20 hours. I really hope that it gets better.

Later,
Brandon

bkowiley

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when listening to Pandora if I lock my phone and then go to unlock it the home screen is the album art for the song that's on. I do have a question, when I reboot the phone I get a notification up top that says "Network may be monitored by a 3rd party". I click on it and it says that one of my "Trusted Certificates" is allowing a 3rd party to monitor my network activity, emails etc. If I click on check trusted securities I get a list of 30 or so random names that are checked off. Some of them say Root etc. I can't figure out what this 3rd party certificate is and if it's an issue with security and being monitored. Could be the NSA??? :)

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
quick question about the Verizon OTA for 4.4.2:

when you press power to unlock the phone, is there still that bit of lag time before the lock screen comes on for you to punch in your pin number?

that was the problem with the Verizon OTA to 4.3. (the only reason i have 4.3 was because my original Note 2's USB port stopped working, making it impossible to charge the phone with the charging cable)

pastelball

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that when using Chrome that when I go to a website that it will load but be blank. Also a lot of apps will just sit there and load takes a lot longer than before the update.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This update is horrible. Streaming video on 4g or wifi via hulu plus and hbo to go stutters. I am very unhappy with verizon as they just ruined my phone as I use hbo to go and hulu plus daily and now I cant use it. Time to call and complain to them and if they dont fix the problem that they caused with this update they forced on us I will complain to the bbb and my states attorney general

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36