Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 82
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    My notification panel is white now where it was color in Jelly Bean.
    Post your observations and changes here.
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!
  2. #2  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by N2myN2 View Post
    My notification panel is white now where it was color in Jelly Bean.
    Post your observations and changes here.
    Not much looks different but I just got the upgrade this afternoon.
    Two things I have found
    You get the option to make the handwriting keyboard float.
    You can create combinations of applications in the multi-window function and save them to automatically open both apps at once.
    Thanked by:
    N2myN2 
    N2myN2 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Yep you will notice unless Sammy has done some coloring of their own that KitKat brings back more of the blacks and whites and moves away from the long winded Holo Blue(s) that we were used to from Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    N2myN2 
    N2myN2 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    When you press the power button to turn off the screen, it fades.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    N2myN2 
    N2myN2 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Smart Stay is working again, and the little eye in the notification area, is now gone.
    Thanked by:
    N2myN2 
    Neofite and N2myN2 like this.
  6. #6  
    noshooz's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Battery icon is now white. Arrows on 4GLTE icon are white.
  7. #7  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    The notification panel quick setting button that used to be GPS is now Location, & it acts differently.
  8. #8  
    K_Daddy's Avatar

    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

    Default

    Using DogCatcher.. I was getting download errors and had to reset the download directory. I heard of this happening with some apps that store data out of bounds on the device.

    Posted via My Note 2
  9. #9  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    The best feature to me is that Google wallet is now finally unlocked for us. Some other interesting thing are you can now download Google's camera app and there is a new Google Chrome add on app that is just for Samsung phones.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Neofite, nlitenme and dloseke like this.
  10. #10  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    Using DogCatcher.. I was getting download errors and had to reset the download directory. I heard of this happening with some apps that store data out of bounds on the device.

    Posted via My Note 2
    Ya I had the same problem with Pocket Casts. I set a custom folder and then it worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    The best feature to me is that Google wallet is now finally unlocked for us. Some other interesting thing are you can now download Google's camera app and there is a new Google Chrome add on app that is just for Samsung phones.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    So does this mean we can pay via NFC with Google Wallet?
  11. #11  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    The best feature to me is that Google wallet is now finally unlocked for us. Some other interesting thing are you can now download Google's camera app and there is a new Google Chrome add on app that is just for Samsung phones.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Thanks for mentioning the chrome add on. Holy cow chrome is really fast now!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidretro View Post
    Ya I had the same problem with Pocket Casts. I set a custom folder and then it worked.



    So does this mean we can pay via NFC with Google Wallet?
    Yes

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    noticed lots of little thing just glad I can now use the tap and pay feature with google wallet
  14. #14  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Hmm, as a Google Wallet user, I'm interested...

    Can any FoxFi users comment on how that app is working under KitKat?
  15. #15  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by min_is_3 View Post
    Thanks for mentioning the chrome add on. Holy cow chrome is really fast now!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Is this the one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...extras.samsung
  16. #16  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidretro View Post
    Yes it is

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DWooderson View Post
    Hmm, as a Google Wallet user, I'm interested...

    Can any FoxFi users comment on how that app is working under KitKat?
    Foxfi works just fine. Only difference is that it now prompts you to manually turn on the hotspot. Other than that, works the same.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    I downloaded last night and so far no problems. I've Been waiting for Google Wallet Tap to pay forever. Tried it tonight and got an Unknown error (said not sure if transaction went through, ask the cashier) on the Wallet app, but it went through and asked the guy at McDonalds if it worked and it did.

    I'm Really not liking that it updated my Google Voice Search, which I use instead of S voice for making phone calls with my bluetooth devices. Just get a beep in my earpiece and the blue ant bluetooth speaker phone in my car, I can't hear the beep and kept getting "I didn't catch that" from the speaker. Does anyone know where I can get an earlier version of Google Voice Search, where it says "Say a name or Number" and then asks if you want to call it? I don't remember which version it was, but prefer that. Now the voice just asks after you speak after the beep. Prefer the old way. I guess I can adapt, but definitely like the old version I had better. No choice to undo updates in the app manager in settings for Google Search, Like there was in 4.3.

    Also I have a shield in the notification bar above on the left side and it says Security Policy Updates, which I've never seen or noticed before i updated. I do have Lookout on my phone, but not sure if it's from that app or not. I don't want to hit it as i don't know if it's legit or not. Anyone else have this. I've seen it posted on the Note 3 forum when I looked up what it is, and didn't really see an answer from anyone to what it is exactly. I would like to know though, before I update it.
    EDIT: I found it on another forum for S3 users, I just declined it when It asked to update the security policy update. I will have to see if that gets rid of it.

    Otherwise I like it so far. My biggest thing is finally getting Tap to Pay with Wallet.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
  19. #19  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    I'm having an issue with photos and videos not saving correctly. Either non playable, or half grey. Anybody else?
  20. #20  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    Also I have a shield in the notification bar above on the left side and it says Security Policy Updates, which I've never seen or noticed before i updated. I do have Lookout on my phone, but not sure if it's from that app or not. I don't want to hit it as i don't know if it's legit or not. Anyone else have this. I've seen it posted on the Note 3 forum when I looked up what it is, and didn't really see an answer from anyone to what it is exactly. I would like to know though, before I update it.
    EDIT: I found it on another forum for S3 users, I just declined it when It asked to update the security policy update. I will have to see if that gets rid of it.
    I also got the shield notification, did a little research & found out that is part of Samsung's software. It supposedly checks for malware. You can find it by going into Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates. You can check it to learn a little more (but not much) & uncheck it to turn it back off.

    If anyone has any real info on this, please let us know more about it.
  21. #21  

    Default re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    I've noticed that when I clear them RAM it will close 52 apps, before it was 40. I don't know what else is running that wasn't before. I also noticed that it takes longer to charge the phone, approximately an hour longer.

    I'm the kind of guy who stops a microwave at one second to feel like a bomb defuser.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Make I just live in the sticks, but how do you know if a merchant uses tap to pay?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by api7342 View Post
    Make I just live in the sticks, but how do you know if a merchant uses tap to pay?

    Posted via Android Central App
    On their card reader you will a symbol of a hand with a symbol like the wifi bars on there side.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by api7342 View Post
    Make I just live in the sticks, but how do you know if a merchant uses tap to pay?

    Posted via Android Central App


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Neofite and gvlakers like this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    I also got the shield notification, did a little research & found out that is part of Samsung's software. It supposedly checks for malware. You can find it by going into Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates. You can check it to learn a little more (but not much) & uncheck it to turn it back off.

    If anyone has any real info on this, please let us know more about it.
    Well, the shield is back on the notification bar again this morning, so just declining the Security Policy Update doesn't work. I'd update it, but want to make sure it doesn't stop me from doing anything in the future regarding my phone. Would really like to know what this update really does.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Restore list view on Favorites
    By ruglet in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 06:06 PM
  2. Large Amount of Data Used on Nexus 5 (compared to iPhone)
    By guyslichten in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 12:33 PM
  3. HTC one m8 or Galaxy Note 3
    By Smply_Rcklss in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:38 AM
  4. Galaxy 2 10.1 deleted email keeps coming back
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM
  5. Samsung Galaxy S4 have or not 4G?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions