Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So, whats up with KitKat on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

Updated my phone last night, and since then....WTH. Didnt use it much at work, naturally, but when I left work, it was holding at 97% Over the next couple hours, I had ABYSMAL 4g/wifi usage, in a area where I know they're both pretty good, and between a rough total of maybe 40 odd min of Youtube and Slacker/Pandora, I was down also to freaking 70% power. Apparently Android System is eating up a lot more juice. I reset the phone a couple times, but, what the hell is going on? That much power usage between some youtube/pandora/slacker for me should be maybe 15-18%, not 27%. Am I alone in this, or what?

Default Re: So, whats up with KitKat?

When you say you reset the phone, did you just do a soft reboot, or actually do a full factory reset?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just a power reboot. I've never done a factory reset, cause wouldn't that wipe all my settings and the like?

Instead of a full reset, try clearing the system cache partition, which can sometimes help with performance issues. You won't lose any personal data. Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I just did that, I'll see how it works. Its just odd though, after the last big version update, I did not have any issues like this.