Ran out of internal storage on Verizon Note 2

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have a Galaxy Note 2 SCH-i605 on Verizon and having run out of internal storage space, I was wondering if there was a way to clean out installation files, like game and app files to make more room? I use a cleaner, uninstalled all the apps I could, though I use a lot, but I feel like it doesn't clean out installation files as in like the %temp% folder on a PC, but just cache files. Have noticed that when I installed games and then uninstalled it it didn't clean out everything as it didn't revert back to the same store before the installation, even though it was a quick install/uninstall (like doing those get free mithril deals for games like the Hobbit). So I was wondering if there was a way to access and clean out ALL temporary files besides cache etc without being rooted. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Run out of internal storage space. Is there a way to clean out past installation files without r

SD MAID
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm
Fantastic app, no root required, free app but i liked it so much i bought the pro (paid version). Unlocks a lot more features, i'm not sure but you might need root for pro version.Check it out,you will be glad you did! :)

Awesome, thanks so much. Will check it out. So you've verified it definitely cleans out installation files. I've done the scans, but I don't see any games coming up. Was more so expecting much

Thanks man. It cleared up more than the other cleaner. Got the pro version because you can't use the other specialized cleaners without it. Not seeing games in the lists, but its not bad. Thank you. Do you happen to know where the equivalent of the %temp% folder is so I can manually delete OS updates and any game installations? Heard somewhere that they double the installation files, where when you uninstall it only takes out some or half, but they're all somewhere else as well.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Run out of internal storage space. Is there a way to clean out past installation files without r

Try "storage analyzer" it found about 5 gigs of photos from the internet cache (9gag liked photos). I went in a deleted it and now I'm back to about 4 gigs or sotrage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800