Two Re-boots in three hours today

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm driving to work listening to a podcast and my phone re- starts, freezes up and I had to pull the battery. Now sitting at my desk, it re starts again. I am hoping this is a isolated event(s) and is not due to the KitKat update. Hopefully none of you are experiencing this issue. Are you? And if you are what do you think is causing it?

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Reluctantly I took the upgrade to 4.4.2 as I was planning to unlock/root and grab a custom ROM (my beast was getting noticeably slower since I purchased it) and I wasn’t sure if the “wizards” have worked out how to “kick Verizon out”. I have grandfathered-in unlimited data and am worrying I might lose it if I root/ROM (if anyone has any experience with this I’d appreciate a rundown on your experience).

Following the upgrade some of my apps ran slower or had functions that no longer worked or did not work at all. I cold-booted and wiped the cache a few times (not sure if doing it more than once had any additional effect) and then uninstalled the apps and then reinstalled them.

I have to admit my GN2 is running faster (I have no data, just my experience with a few of my most-used apps). The battery life also seems to last longer but it’s a little hard to tell with a ZeroLemon GN2 9300mAh Extended Battery. Functionality has not only returned, but each app is running noticeably faster.

I have had nothing but solid performance since I took the upgrade last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC