Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phantomog
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Kit Kat + FoxFi? Still working??

I've seen only 1 comment claiming FoxFi wifi hotspot still works after the Kit Kat update? Can anyone else please confirm? I have delayed this update until I know for sure.
    Thanks.

Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    gvlakers likes this.

Default Re: Kit Kat + FoxFi? Still working??

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    I've seen only 1 comment claiming FoxFi wifi hotspot still works after the Kit Kat update? Can anyone else please confirm? I have delayed this update until I know for sure.
    Thanks.

Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Mine still works. There is an extra step where you have to turn it on in the settings after you activate it, but that just completes the process. It seems to work as it did before other than that. I have the paid version, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Now my problem is that it's requiring me to set a pin or password lockscreen lock and I don't want one.

I followed the instructions on the pdanet website but it didn't work. All options are still greyed out except for pin and password.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by min_is_3 View Post
    Now my problem is that it's requiring me to set a pin or password lockscreen lock and I don't want one.

All options are still greyed out except for pin and password.

Any other ideas?

When I use it, I set the pin and then when I no longer need it, go into settings, security and select clear credentials. You may need to enter your pin. Then go back into lockscreen settings and they will no longer be grayed out. I just repeat the next time I need it. Pain in the butte but it beats paying twice for data.

Every time I try WiFi it says I need to update for this phone

Quote Originally Posted by jlo3378 View Post
    When I use it, I set the pin and then when I no longer need it, go into settings, security and select clear credentials. You may need to enter your pin. Then go back into lockscreen settings and they will no longer be grayed out. I just repeat the next time I need it. Pain in the butte but it beats paying twice for data.

That's what I've been having to do. I thought there might be an easier solution. Thanks for replying.

Just downloaded it because Kit Kat killed SVTP. Other than the lock screen business, Foxfi seems to work great.

Peace!

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

This is the only reason I'm hesitating to update to KitKat. I just remember reading some time ago that updating would kill the loophole that lets FoxFi work, but it's promising that people are having success!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki2 View Post
    This is the only reason I'm hesitating to update to KitKat. I just remember reading some time ago that updating would kill the loophole that lets FoxFi work, but it's promising that people are having success!
    In case some of you here don't know it, there is a fix for Kit Kat having broken Flash Player. The updated FP works just like before, and from the info online, ONLY works on Dolphin, unlike the previous version. Google the Kit Kat version of FP to find the source link (some of them have been removed by Google. thank you (not) Google!!)

Most links have been killed, but I believe this link might get you the correct Flash Player: http://dolphin.com/lab/en
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2