Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By Nibs
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Our two Note 2's are getting dramatically better battery life since the update. I can't quantify it exactly but it's so noticeable that I can say there's been quite an improvement. Nice!
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    VDub2174 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Good to hear about updates that work out well
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised. If this is the last update for this phone, I can live with that for a while.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    VDub2174 likes this.
  4. #4  
    Nibs's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Yup, same here. I believe I posted about it in one of the other Kitkat threads. It's a big time improvement for me; my battery was lasting only half a day.
    1812dave likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    That battery on my note is excellent so I don't know if the update helps any lol
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Our two Note 2's are getting dramatically better battery life since the update. I can't quantify it exactly but it's so noticeable that I can say there's been quite an improvement. Nice!
    Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I've also noticed better signal in weaker areas.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    good to hear that some of you are experiencing better battery life.

    i have yet to accept the OTS for 4.4.2.

    i'm using Nova launcher and i also have the Family Guy game on my phone so both of those run my battery down. to try and counter that, i have Power Saving on and my brightness all the way down for most of the day.

    i'll probably wait a while to see what people post about 4.4.2 before i decide to update or not.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    good to hear that some of you are experiencing better battery life.

    i have yet to accept the OTS for 4.4.2.

    i'm using Nova launcher and i also have the Family Guy game on my phone so both of those run my battery down. to try and counter that, i have Power Saving on and my brightness all the way down for most of the day.

    i'll probably wait a while to see what people post about 4.4.2 before i decide to update or not.
    How does nova launcher drain your battery?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    not really sure but ever since i started using it last year, i've always felt that it is a contributing factor to battery drain...

    the Family Guy game eats up battery for sure though. i may just uninstall it and only use the app on my Note 10.1...
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

    Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    not really sure but ever since i started using it last year, i've always felt that it is a contributing factor to battery drain...

    the Family Guy game eats up battery for sure though. i may just uninstall it and only use the app on my Note 10.1...
    I've been using Nova Launcher since last year and don't find it a battery hog. Turning on GPS and/or BT is what reduces my battery life quite noticeably and 4.3 also seemed to have slightly mucked up battery life. Doing better with 4.4.2 but because I have a Gear 2 watch, I have to keep BT on all the time or the watch isn't too useful.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    808TBolt likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. spam folder disappeared in S5 email app
    By sussieh in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
  2. Help with unrooting
    By James Bourne2 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:36 AM
  3. XLTE Speeds in Cleveland Ohio are crap
    By elykoj in forum Verizon
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 05:03 PM
  4. Phone Battery Problem?
    By TheOriginalCJM in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions