Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By Nibs
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

Our two Note 2's are getting dramatically better battery life since the update. I can't quantify it exactly but it's so noticeable that I can say there's been quite an improvement. Nice!
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    VDub2174 likes this.

Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

Good to hear about updates that work out well
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any of you also noticing a huge improvement in battery life with Kit Kat?

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised. If this is the last update for this phone, I can live with that for a while.
    VDub2174 likes this.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Yup, same here. I believe I posted about it in one of the other Kitkat threads. It's a big time improvement for me; my battery was lasting only half a day.
    1812dave likes this.

That battery on my note is excellent so I don't know if the update helps any lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Our two Note 2's are getting dramatically better battery life since the update. I can't quantify it exactly but it's so noticeable that I can say there's been quite an improvement. Nice!
    Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I've also noticed better signal in weaker areas.

good to hear that some of you are experiencing better battery life.

i have yet to accept the OTS for 4.4.2.

i'm using Nova launcher and i also have the Family Guy game on my phone so both of those run my battery down. to try and counter that, i have Power Saving on and my brightness all the way down for most of the day.

i'll probably wait a while to see what people post about 4.4.2 before i decide to update or not.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    good to hear that some of you are experiencing better battery life.

i have yet to accept the OTS for 4.4.2.

i'm using Nova launcher and i also have the Family Guy game on my phone so both of those run my battery down. to try and counter that, i have Power Saving on and my brightness all the way down for most of the day.

i'll probably wait a while to see what people post about 4.4.2 before i decide to update or not.
    How does nova launcher drain your battery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

not really sure but ever since i started using it last year, i've always felt that it is a contributing factor to battery drain...

the Family Guy game eats up battery for sure though. i may just uninstall it and only use the app on my Note 10.1...
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    not really sure but ever since i started using it last year, i've always felt that it is a contributing factor to battery drain...

the Family Guy game eats up battery for sure though. i may just uninstall it and only use the app on my Note 10.1...
    I've been using Nova Launcher since last year and don't find it a battery hog. Turning on GPS and/or BT is what reduces my battery life quite noticeably and 4.3 also seemed to have slightly mucked up battery life. Doing better with 4.4.2 but because I have a Gear 2 watch, I have to keep BT on all the time or the watch isn't too useful.
    808TBolt likes this.